Cardiac Anesthesiologist needed in Sacramento

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hondamts

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are currently a private group located in Sacramento with approximately 90 anesthesiologist. There are three sub groups within the practice (ped, cardiac, ob) and remaining are general. We cover three large hospitals and over 10 surgery centers.

Currently we are looking for 2 cardiac anesthesiologist. The cardiac subgroup does all cardiac cases at the large hospital and covers two outpatient centers. Regarding the cardiac volume we do about 800-900 pumps a year, 30-40 VADS, 160-170 TAVRs, about 100 mitral clips and 50 watchman devices (just starting this portion of the program).

We also cover ECTs and take 3-5 days a month of general OR cases. We take approximately first cardiac call once in 6-8 days and one weekend every 8 weeks. Two of our partners are over 70 and are looking to retire in the next year. Vacation is usually 6-8 weeks. You take what you want but no pay. 99% of the time everyone gets what they want. We have a retirement plan that you can place 54K away a year pretax and you can manage if you wish. You are a W2 but after two years you qualify for partnership at that point once you make partner who now are partial owner of the corp.

We don't have any nurse anesthesiologist. 100% own cases, and we are looking for TEE boarded (advanced) or in the process. A TEE service is starting up that will be coordinated and ran by us (includes reading and reports). Looking to hire within the next 6 months.

If you would like more information please PM me.
Thanks
Mickey

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
so for a new grad, would this position require a fellowship?

For the complexity they are looking for and help running a formal TEE service, the answer is an absolute yes. I wouldn’t even consider hiring someone directly out of residency if I were them.

I thought you can't be TEE boarded now unless you do cardiac fellowship..

There are people on SDN who whisper about ways to certification during some CCM or intensive training in late residency, I honestly question this as I don’t see how one could fulfill the rigorous requirements by the ASE without a dedicated CT fellowship. Anyone can take the test (“testamur”) but being fully Advanced TEE certified takes some major leg work. In today’s environment, do a fellowship.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes if you are a recent grad you will need to have a fellowship completed for this job. I I think if you graduated before 2011 you were able to get grandfathered in...don't quote me.

A few other questions that were messaged:
-We do any where from 15-25 ECTs a day (yes it can get painful at average of 15mins/ECT)
-We do our own billing (the group will bill for you) and at the end of the month you will get an excel spreadsheet giving you the totals and units etc
-We do bill for other groups
-We have three cardiac surgeons who each have their own little niche...but they are all very fast..I have been to several other programs and these guys are fast...AVRs are done in 90-120 minutes roll in and roll out...VADs in about 3 hours...
-One caveat is that as a group we are pretty efficient and fast (while being safe)...so this is a fast moving place and we can always works with you and get you up to speed.

PM me for more specifics or if you are interested...

Thanks

Reactions: 4 users
Yes if you are a recent grad you will need to have a fellowship completed for this job. I I think if you graduated before 2011 you were able to get grandfathered in...don't quote me.

-We do any where from 15-25 ECTs a day (yes it can get painful at average of 15mins/ECT)
-We do our own billing (the group will bill for you) and at the end of the month you will get an excel spreadsheet giving you the totals and units etc
-We have three cardiac surgeons who each have their own little niche...but they are all very fast..I have been to several other programs and these guys are fast...AVRs are done in 90-120 minutes roll in and roll out...VADs in about 3 hours...
-One caveat is that as a group we are pretty efficient and fast (while being safe)...so this is a fast moving place and we can always works with you and get you up to speed.

Thanks

johnny-manziel-show-me-the-money.gif

That's literally all i heard...

lol...come on over...I can only push my two 70 year old partners so hard...

sounds like a pretty solid cardiac job....if only i could pull myself further inland

Thanks

Can I get the contact of these surgeons? Asking for a friend

Still looking...need one more guy...we are now covering TEE for the hospital....chill day and paid...hospital did not know anesthesiologist could do TEE on floor/ICU...so now the cardiologist are happy staying in the office while we are in house...

Oh my god

I did a LVAD a couple days ago, and it was every bit of 8 hours door to door. It was a solid 3 hours before we even went on bypass, and it wasn't the CA-1 doing the neck line that held things up.

Oh my god

I did a LVAD a couple days ago, and it was every bit of 8 hours door to door. It was a solid 3 hours before we even went on bypass, and it wasn't the CA-1 doing the neck line that held things up.

Ha, yeah the surgeons whining about the maybe 20min trainee neck lines annoys me, especially when it’s Surgeons that on a good day do a pump case in 4 hours and they’ve booked 3.

But in regards to CA1’s doing VADs, I hope you’re 1:1 on cardiac days despite it being April.

The guys in the OR do their own echoes. Only 2 guys left that are not echo certified. So cards will come in and do those or our TEE person who is floating around will do it and read it. Depends if the TEE is guy is booked all over and may not have a chance to drop into the OR. We read the cases in the same cards lab as the cardiologist and use the same form. We bill about 7 units for a full TEE. I don't have the exact numbers but with 3D and mitral clip/TAVR you can add a interventional component to it.

By the way we are still looking.....pay your debt of fast lol!

Last edited: