1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardiology Fellowship..

Discussion in 'Cardiology' started by Jani, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Jani

Jani Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Could anybody who is going through or had gone through this experience please comment on the physical input that is required during the 3 yrs..

I have been hearing a lot about night calls after calls in the cath lab etc. I guess if one decides to be a non interventional cardiologist this won't be the case once they finish the fellowship, still 3 yrs of night calls, makes me think, yes, I need to be a bit more realistic ...:oops:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. task

task Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

"non-interventional" Cardiologists still do diagnostic Cath if they choose to do so (these are Invasive/non-Interventional Cardiologists). So out in private practice you could still have the demands of the Cath lab in addition to other clinical responsibilities as a non-interventionalist.

4. Jani

Jani Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Task

Thanks.. well I am realy losing the interest in Cardiology, the more I think about it. Is it true, most residents doing IM compete for Cardiology ?? If so I better move on with my life with somethinga bit less wanted.

Anybody has any comments on Endocrinology post 3 yr IM residency...