Care clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAwsome

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so I'll ask here. I am thinking of opening a care clinic, and hiring an IM/FM doc to staff it. Very similar to the Target type dealio. I don't think it would be too $$ to start up, maybe 300k or so. I'm thinking of only doing cash only or insurance-no medicare/medicaid stuff, having extended hours, and minimal personnel other than the doc. It seems like it could do well from what I've researched. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with this? Yay or nay?

Would love to hear some ideas about the viability of this. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure where to post this so I'll ask here. I am thinking of opening a care clinic, and hiring an IM/FM doc to staff it. Very similar to the Target type dealio. I don't think it would be too $$ to start up, maybe 300k or so. I'm thinking of only doing cash only or insurance-no medicare/medicaid stuff, having extended hours, and minimal personnel other than the doc. It seems like it could do well from what I've researched. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with this? Yay or nay?

Would love to hear some ideas about the viability of this. Thanks!

If you're just at the late-night musing stage, make an excel spreadsheet that outlines annual operations scenarios.

Make a template that includes an in-depth analysis of both fixed and variable costs vis-a-vis clinic revenue.

Be sure to include such things as missed reimbursement %'s, malpractice, marketing, etc.

Decide how much profit you want to keep in the clinic and how much you want to be placed in your pocket to make it be worth your while.

Spend a few hours putting it together [then manipulate the hell out of the scenarios] and see if it is a prospective opportunity that is still financially sound.

Agreed with above. I would start with a realistic market analysis. Then onto an in-depth pro forma.

I've contemplated an after-hours care clinic focusing on Peds. Financially, it was shaky at best and the horizon for recuperating capital was too far.