This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAID work at a hospice for Volunteer Coordinator position OR UNPAID volunteer for a large hospital?

• PAID work at a hospice for Volunteer Coordinator position

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • UNPAID internship/volunteer for a large hospital

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gradfear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am a senior in college, hoping to go to grad school for my MHA degree once i graduate. I recently got a job offer from a hospice, for a volunteer coordinator position. However, I could also intern/volunteer (unpaid) at a large hospital system, instead of taking up the hospice job. I don't exactly need the money right now either. So, from a future career/ grad school perspective, what would be better in terms of experience? For the large hospital volunteering/internship, I would be involved with data entry, helping with meetings, such as working with quality management, employee health resources, etc.
So I guess my question is, PAID work at a hospice for Volunteer Coordinator position OR UNPAID internship/volunteer for a large hospital?
What would you suggest that I take up, and what would look better on a resume for grad school? and why? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest taking up the paid work so that you can start saving for grad school.