esca007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi,
I'm a pre-med student looking at going into DO, but I have doubts to the career prospect and I thought i may be a good idea to get advices from DO students. Since DO is in fewer #s than MD in the U.S., is it harder to get a job position with a DO degree compared to MD degree or is it the same? What I meant is would hospitals or employer find favor toward hiring a MD over DO? Also, in terms of salary, is it the same regardless you hold a MD or a DO?Thanks

esca007

aphasia

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
S L T, CA
Status
esca007 said:
Hi,
I'm a pre-med student looking at going into DO, but I have doubts to the career prospect and I thought i may be a good idea to get advices from DO students. Since DO is in fewer #s than MD in the U.S., is it harder to get a job position with a DO degree compared to MD degree or is it the same? What I meant is would hospitals or employer find favor toward hiring a MD over DO? Also, in terms of salary, is it the same regardless you hold a MD or a DO?Thanks

esca007
OH my god, do a search, or just read some of the other threads before posting, please.

BMW19

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2002
Da South
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
your looking for trouble posting like that....

esca007 said:
Hi,

esca007

OP
E

esca007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
sorry, i didnt know I would get in trouble for this. I apologize to anyone if it causes any inconvenience.
esca007
BMW19 said:
your looking for trouble posting like that....

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
esca007 said:
Hi,

esca007
No, it's no problem at all. Once you are board certified, the degree does not matter. All they care about is the board certification.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status
Attending Physician
It is a completely equivalent degree to MD. That should cover the questions you asked.