Career prospect with a DO degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esca007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a pre-med student looking at going into DO, but I have doubts to the career prospect and I thought i may be a good idea to get advices from DO students. Since DO is in fewer #s than MD in the U.S., is it harder to get a job position with a DO degree compared to MD degree or is it the same? What I meant is would hospitals or employer find favor toward hiring a MD over DO? Also, in terms of salary, is it the same regardless you hold a MD or a DO?Thanks

esca007

Members don't see this ad.

esca007 said:
Hi,
I'm a pre-med student looking at going into DO, but I have doubts to the career prospect and I thought i may be a good idea to get advices from DO students. Since DO is in fewer #s than MD in the U.S., is it harder to get a job position with a DO degree compared to MD degree or is it the same? What I meant is would hospitals or employer find favor toward hiring a MD over DO? Also, in terms of salary, is it the same regardless you hold a MD or a DO?Thanks

esca007

OH my god, do a search, or just read some of the other threads before posting, please.

your looking for trouble posting like that....

esca007 said:
Hi,

esca007

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry, i didnt know I would get in trouble for this. I apologize to anyone if it causes any inconvenience.
esca007
BMW19 said:
your looking for trouble posting like that....

esca007 said:
Hi,

esca007

No, it's no problem at all. Once you are board certified, the degree does not matter. All they care about is the board certification.