Careful with BIDMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixote

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The PD continues to be a big negative (read scutwork.com). A friend who is a senior even mentioned that she will be vindictive unless you bow to her every whim all the time!!!!
So glad I am not there.
Apparently however the premises, peers and faculty are awesome.
Anybody has any input? Younger brother is thinking about ranking, but I have heard horror stories about PD.

Members don't see this ad.

The PD continues to be a big negative (read scutwork.com). A friend who is a senior even mentioned that she will be vindictive unless you bow to her every whim all the time!!!!
So glad I am not there.
Anybody has any input? Younger brother is thinking about ranking, but I have heard horror stories about PD.

Can you explain this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=2724058&postcount=1
Quixote said:
I am starting my IM residency at BIDMC tomorrow <gasp>. I have two Q for experienced Bostonians. I recently moved from Texas.

1) At 6 am, is it faster to drive route 9 or the mass pike, coming from Southboro where I live? I have tried but still am not clear where traffic is worse.

2) If one goes the shortracking route, does that mean one gets a fellow salary starting the 3rd year? Or is the salary less? Not that money would be my only consideration, but even though I like the possibility of shortracking, I could not afford to perceive a lower salary at this point in my life.

PS: For those not in Boston, can you believe that parking at the building where I have orientation costs $29 for the day??????????????????

wow! that was not me. Stole it from senior :rolleyes:
Time for a name change

Members don't see this ad :)
wow! that was not me. Stole it from senior :rolleyes:
Time for a name change

The person who used to post using this account also uses rolleyes and lots of exclamation points.

For example:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=2551660&postcount=5
Quixote said:
Are you not reading in your on call haze? I ALREADY wrote the report. I ALREADY did everything.
Thanks anyway :rolleyes:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=2724325&postcount=3
Quixote said:
Thanks a lot!!!...

I think you're lying

So glad I am not there.

Relax guys...this person's obviously trying to secure his/her spot at BID by scaring others away.:rolleyes: Luckily trolls like Quixote and Philly4343 (from the UPenn thread) always have double digit posts to give them away...

I believe Quixote is giving a fair warning.
I also used roommate´s nickname once, had forgotten my password.
Heard of one guy who did not match into fellowship, later found out LOR from PD was awful.
BID is a great hospital, but housestaff are not in love with PD

Status
Not open for further replies.