Carib med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willieverbeadoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEllo everyone.

I was just wondering from those of you who went to Carib school, how many of you are doing residencies and rotations?

I was just wondering how hard it was for you all and do you get discriminated against from US grads? I am a senior at a US college, just took the mcats and didnt do so hot.

and also I'm told that ROSS is good and so is st. george's. any one have any preferences or regrets? just wanted to know.

thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Here's my 2 cents... This might irritate some Carib MD folks, but the truth of the matter is, generally speaking of course, the American grad "DO" has an edge in competing for allopathic residency positions over FMGs. So my suggestion is to retake your MCAT's and stay within the country as best you can. :)

To DO or not to DO, that is your question...

P.S. Willueverbeadoc? Yes, you will if you want it bad enough.

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, which carribbean school did you graduate from and which hospital in the midwest are you doing your residency? Also, in what specialty?

Thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
hey amayer,

this has nothing to do with the post... i was reading the thread and i noticed your zip code... power to us sheepshead bayers!

Wich borough keep it thorough???!!?!!??!