Feb 23, 2010
Status
Hey folks,
I have a question that I have searched and searched for and still haven't come up w/ a decent answer. I am graduating from one of the big 3 caribbean schools in June. I have matched into a program in Texas for residency. Do I need to fill out "Form J" on the TMB website?? http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/professionals/physicians/forms/Physician_Applications/AdditionalForms/FORM J.pdf

I've read that you don't need this for residency, just for practicing after residency, and vice-versa. My program hadn't really heard of this form either, and they communicate directly with the TMB because they do take IMG's. The difference though, is that I did my 3rd and 4th year clinicals in America, unlike most IMGs. If anyone has any advice, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thank you

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status
Attending Physician
The first line states that the form is required for ALL International Medical Graduates. You are an IMG.

The second line states that the form is required for Texas Licensure. You have matched into a Texas residency program.

If at some point you are required to obtain a Texas medical license while in said residency, it would seem to be required to fill out the form (I had to complete something very similar for my Pennsylvania training license before I started residency).

Feb 23, 2010
Status
so, do u think i need this for residency, or after residency to get licensed in texas? basically, i want to know if this is something i need to worry about doing now or when i'm done/close to being done w/ residency.

thanks.