Caribbean Medical Schools: American University of the Caribbean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My wife and I have in-depth experience with AUC, as she is just finishing the 5th semester there (MS-2) and I personally visited most of the competition in the Caribbean.
Our impression of AUC is short & sweet:
It is the BEST in the Caribbean, in fact, for the average US student, it is the BEST choice for a Med School out of USA, if all factors are considered. ie, ONLY 1.5 years away from USA.
Regards,
Andre Gurses, PE
Ewa Piszczek-Gurses (future-MD)

Andre,
Could you give some idea about the living arrangements and costs while on the island?
Thanks.

The Best? I do not think so...well, it all depends on what you want out of medical school? Do you want to go party and go to the beach and have a good time, AUC is #1. Ans the at the end of that, do you want to do your clinical rotations in England, then go to AUC. If you want a great education, and do all your clinical rotations in the States (gaurnteed), the come to SABA. I am a student at SABA and there are at least 5 AUC transfres that come to SABA each semester, now why would that be? AUC is worth it if you want to have a good time and a loan of 250 K? SABA, a loan of 92 K...