1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Caribbean Medical Schools: American University of the Caribbean

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by SDN-Jim, Mar 21, 2000.

1. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

2. Andre

Andre Member
    10+ Year Member

My wife and I have in-depth experience with AUC, as she is just finishing the 5th semester there (MS-2) and I personally visited most of the competition in the Caribbean.
    Our impression of AUC is short & sweet:
    It is the BEST in the Caribbean, in fact, for the average US student, it is the BEST choice for a Med School out of USA, if all factors are considered. ie, ONLY 1.5 years away from USA.
    Regards,
    Andre Gurses, PE
    Ewa Piszczek-Gurses (future-MD)

3. LCDR_J

LCDR_J New Member

Andre,
    Could you give some idea about the living arrangements and costs while on the island?
    Thanks.

4. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Member
    10+ Year Member

The Best? I do not think so...well, it all depends on what you want out of medical school? Do you want to go party and go to the beach and have a good time, AUC is #1. Ans the at the end of that, do you want to do your clinical rotations in England, then go to AUC. If you want a great education, and do all your clinical rotations in the States (gaurnteed), the come to SABA. I am a student at SABA and there are at least 5 AUC transfres that come to SABA each semester, now why would that be? AUC is worth it if you want to have a good time and a loan of 250 K? SABA, a loan of 92 K...