Carle foundation family medicine residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunsetlover

Reaction score
Couldn't find any post on this program.
I interviewed at Carle foundation FMR program (Urbana-Champaign, IL). Wanted to see what others know/think about the program?

Personal experience: interview day was Eh to be honest. Had virtual interviews this year and we randomly got cut off in the middle of conversations and when we were told we had breaks we randomly got put into breakrooms and the interviewers were also thrown off by this. Clearly the program coordinator was not too tech-savvy. that kinda threw me off and also pissed me off - just showed how unprepared they were for the interview. Interview questions were behavioral-based and it was actually the most difficult interview of the season so far. Other programs just wanted to get to know me. also One of the interviewers was really awkward. He/she kept taking notes on her computer while i was talking and didn't even look up to me unless she had a question. Basically, I have had better interviews this season lol.
I am also not happy with their benefits as mentioned on the website. and they have no info online on where graduates end up practicing.

Anyway, I am still considering this program because my husband is a grad student and if I do residency here, my husband and I won't have to do long distances as he can get a post-doc position at UIUC.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed here a few months ago too and my experience was a bit different. I thought they didn't ask too many behavioral-based and a good amount of tell me about yourself, the time you had adversities, teamwork, etc. Overall, pretty standard stuff. They recently switched their PD so I expect things to change a bit? It's been a while since I interviewed and I didn't take notes so I might not be remembering everything. I don't remember too much but I think I will probably rank them somewhere in the middle (maybe even toward the lower end). I think they recently cut their meal budget too but someone can confirm.