Carolian Clinic

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by Tastebuds, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Tastebuds

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Does anyone know anything about Carilion Clinic/Roanoke hospital in Roanoke, Virginia? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

2. doc20

5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    know about what? they are coming up with new fellowships in 2010 and a new medical school

3. Tastebuds

7+ Year Member

Medical Student

I can read their website...and I know they have new fellowships and medical school. I was hoping someone knew a resident there or heard of the program so I can get some insider information on it. For example, how do they treat their residents? Is it a good program?

4. werd

werd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i went to med school at uva, and did some 3rd year rotations at roanoke, although not my medicine rotation. all in all, it's an okay program i think. there's a computer system for lab values, clinic notes, and discharge summaries, but orders are still written in the chart. call rooms are pretty simple, could use renovation but most have computers. i'm not really familiar with the faculty there. roanoke tends to send many challenging patients/enigmas to uva for further workup.