Tastebuds

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Does anyone know anything about Carilion Clinic/Roanoke hospital in Roanoke, Virginia? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

doc20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2007
Cleveland
Status
Attending Physician
know about what? they are coming up with new fellowships in 2010 and a new medical school

Tastebuds

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2007
Status
Medical Student
know about what? they are coming up with new fellowships in 2010 and a new medical school

I can read their website...and I know they have new fellowships and medical school. I was hoping someone knew a resident there or heard of the program so I can get some insider information on it. For example, how do they treat their residents? Is it a good program?

werd

15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
i went to med school at uva, and did some 3rd year rotations at roanoke, although not my medicine rotation. all in all, it's an okay program i think. there's a computer system for lab values, clinic notes, and discharge summaries, but orders are still written in the chart. call rooms are pretty simple, could use renovation but most have computers. i'm not really familiar with the faculty there. roanoke tends to send many challenging patients/enigmas to uva for further workup.

About the Ads