Carpal Tunnel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gouda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
Carpal Tunnel Pump (OMM) for the win! :D
Is there really a pump...I mean what the hell, we have pumps for every other thing...

Is there any other treatment than a BLT/LAS...?
http://books.google.com/books?id=a3...X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result#PPA384,M1
I don't really like this technique and was hoping there is something else...

I think interosseous MFR might be a nice adjuvant...

Any thoughts????

The important thing isn't the technique so much as that 1) you get the diagnosis right and 2) you know the cause of the diagnosis

If it is a distal median nerve impingement -why is it there? anterior carpal bones respond well to articulation or HVLA. Edema may respond better opening up the lymphatic channels centrally, a compression sleeve, lasix (or in pregnancy- delivery), interossious strain responds very well to LAS, MFR, NFR, BLT or muscle energy techniques.

When treating carpal tunnel do not forget the proximal forearm... if you get positive tinels at the proximal pronators that will be a very important region to address, and it is the cause for many whose symptoms are refractory to surgery and OMT.

The important thing isn't the technique so much as that 1) you get the diagnosis right and 2) you know the cause of the diagnosis

If it is a distal median nerve impingement -why is it there? anterior carpal bones respond well to articulation or HVLA. Edema may respond better opening up the lymphatic channels centrally, a compression sleeve, lasix (or in pregnancy- delivery), interossious strain responds very well to LAS, MFR, NFR, BLT or muscle energy techniques.

When treating carpal tunnel do not forget the proximal forearm... if you get positive tinels at the proximal pronators that will be a very important region to address, and it is the cause for many whose symptoms are refractory to surgery and OMT.

Thanks for your input. I feel like opening up the thoracic outlet along with some basic stretching of the arm/wrist/hand will help. Plus, I like the idea of teaching pts some stretching exercises for them to use at home or have a loved one help with.

I am not such a big fan of the BLT technique and although I like HVLA I wanted more options.