gizzard

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2004
Visit site
Status
I was wondering how everybody carries their PDA on the wards. I guess some people just put them in the pockets of their white coats. Does anybody use a belt-attached or holster-type case? There are a few at cases.com but some are pricey. Any comments on what works well?

Dr.Millisevert

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2004
Status
Dentist
ussdfiant said:
I use the Krusell for my LifeDrive (used it for my Tungsten E last year) and I love it! Krusell Horizontal case
What size did you get for your lifedrive? Are there any other cases or other accessories that you have found helpful? Thanks

acolyte28

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2005
Status
Hey guys I just got a dirt cheap hardcase for my Tungsten E2 for $10...way better than the $35+ palmone charges. The website is http://www.pdairshopusa.com and they appear to be the wholesale distributor for the company that makes the cases. Anyway, it's real cheap, it did take a whole week to get it, but I'm not complaining. :thumbup:

OP
G

gizzard

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2004
Visit site
Status
acolyte28 said:
Hey guys I just got a dirt cheap hardcase for my Tungsten E2 for $10...way better than the $35+ palmone charges. The website is http://www.pdairshopusa.com and they appear to be the wholesale distributor for the company that makes the cases. Anyway, it's real cheap, it did take a whole week to get it, but I'm not complaining. :thumbup:
Can the aluminum / metal types attach to your belt or coat somehow? Or are they meant to only protect the PDA from damage like scratches, etc?

I'm leaning towards something like this: http://www.cases.com/cohx2000.htm

acolyte28

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2005
Status
Yeah the aluminum case I got also has a belt clip, but I don't use it because a cell phone and beeper(s) are enough as it is. ;)

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I carry my PDA in a large-ish case with a belt clip. I also put my wallet in there, sometimes keys, and I will sometimes clip the pager to the side of it. I look like a tool with it on, but it's functional. Depending on the rotation, I'll sometimes just put the whole thing into one of my white coat pockets.

A functional tool...yup, that's me :p

ramonaquimby

I'm a PGY3?! WHAT?!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2005
Status
Adcadet said:
A functional tool...yup, that's me :p
anyone else want to chime in? just got a tx and want to see what other have to say? :D

Blue Dog

Fides et ratio.
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
ramonaquimby said:
anyone else want to chime in? just got a tx and want to see what other have to say?
When I was a resident, I used a heavy-duty belt-clip case made by Ripoffs. They also make belt hosters for EMS and law enforcement, so they're virtually indestructible. The CO-52 model (picture and link) will fit the TX.

There are tons of options out there, but I do recommend some sort of case for protection, as hospital work frequently places your PDA at risk for drops and breakage.

These days, I carry my Treo 650 in a Seidio holster. It offers less protection, but allows for rapid, one-handed access to the Treo.