Quantcast

CARS - Any shorter passages for practice questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aurevoir0711

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I am having extreme difficulties with CARS section as I have avoided taking English class as much as possible in college. I was an engineering student, so I am much more used to seeing numbers and formulas. Reading comprehension is very difficult especially when the passage is about ancient subjects that I have not even heard of or the passage is written in an "eloquent" fashion.

I just did some very short passage questions (1 paragraph each) from Gold Standard and these helped me quite a bit. Even when the passage talks about something I have never heard of, shorter passages are much more doable than lengthy passages that are given on the real MCAT.

I believe the short passage questions would be a great tool to build up fundamental skills for reading comprehension and getting used to CARS section, but I am not sure where to find the relevant passages. Please share your suggestions. I would sincerely appreciate your response. Thank you.

bobeanie95

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Passages that short are unrealistic. Consider picking up LSAT books, they have shorter passages compared to the MCAT but it may help with working towards longer passages.