moiz

Shayrrrnii
10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
DSM
Status
Non-Student
has anyone been invited frm iowa carver college of medicine for an interview? i checked the interview sticky and didnt see the name. appologies if i m wrong.

panther42

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
yeah, quite a few people have. It's under University of Iowa, though. They give automatic interview invites to people with three 10's on the MCAT and a 3.7 GPA.

About the Ads

MelnaisLacis

Political Animal
10+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2007
Status
I interviewed there on a huge OOS day. I'm not feeling too comfortable with my standing out of the group though because there were 4 URM and about 5 women, so statistically they will probably get the invites from our group.

Bananas Foster

Eats Whole Pies
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2007
Status
Medical Student
So I heard recently that the admissions committee just meet together last week for the first time in 3 weeks, meaning they just recently got to the late Oct. to mid November interviews. They didn't finish the back-log of applicants so they're meeting again this week or the next.

So no news isn't necessarily bad news, I'm keeping in mind that they only admit a portion of their class during the rolling admissions period and a lot of acceptances will come out in February/March after the interview season, and choosing to not worry about it at all.

Good Luck and Congrats to those who who've heard back.

About the Ads