CAS Honors and Awards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrandMasterB

Big Poppa Pump
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys. I was just filling out my CAS and compulsively reading this message board when I came across a thread in the ER forum where they were discussing putting clerkship honors under the awards section of the ERAS. Are you guys putting your clerkship honors? Are you putting down stuff from college, and or major stuff from high-school? Thanks. GMB.

Members don't see this ad.

GrandMaster (that name cracks me up everytime I read it)

I listed the clerkships that I was "awarded" honors under this very section on my CAS from last year. I listed college as it pertained to medicine or ophtho (grants, publications, etc). high school, i didn't. but maybe if it is something really unique like you won a nobel prize or a gold medal in the olympics ;) i'd include it. just my 2 cents.

rubensan said:
GrandMaster (that name cracks me up everytime I read it)

I listed the clerkships that I was "awarded" honors under this very section on my CAS from last year. I listed college as it pertained to medicine or ophtho (grants, publications, etc). high school, i didn't. but maybe if it is something really unique like you won a nobel prize or a gold medal in the olympics ;) i'd include it. just my 2 cents.

Ruben, as always- you are my savior. :thumbup: Finally, I have something to put down under awards and honors! :cool:

PS: Do you know where GMB comes from? Hint- Married with Children. I will put down my gold medal in Luge (sp) from high-school on my app- :laugh: that should get the convo going during interviews- last question- should I wear the medal?

Dear Bud Bundy:

Yes, in addition to the black suit and red or blue solid tie that will become your uniform during the months of november and december, I suggest you wear your gold medal to all interviews! Better yet, you should wear your medal and have someone take a picture of you with it...that will be the picture that you submit with your CAS! :laugh:

Oh yeah, I guess I should also be telling you to botox, microdermabrate, retin-A peal and liposuction prior to november judging from a previous post. :laugh:

Good Luck!