Case#2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to continue the MINDY MEMORIAL CASE PRESENTATION with the following entity:

31 Year-Old Caucasian Male presents with recent onset of flank pain with no other accompanying symptomology. On CT a right adrenal mass with no extra-adrenal extension or metastasis is seen. Specimen, removed during surgery displays a predominantly fatty mass, with foci of hemorrhage, and few scattered calicifications. Microscopic image of the lesion is attached. Enjoy boys and girls!

Woudl Mindy like to take the lead on this, since it is in her honor? Crepitus? I would suggest Great Pumpkin to stay out of this since his wealth of knowledge would dwarf us immediately...:D

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• hp17.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 189
Since this patient didn't have any other symptoms, this could be a myelolipoma, because these bad boys if show up at all in living patients show up only with flank pain due to compresion or rupture. let me know how far I am from the correct diagnosis...:)
And I'll give it another shot!

Members don't see this ad :)
As one of the few non-medical students that post in this forum, I have to admit that the only reason I got this right is because I was diagnosed with this condition last year. And then there's that tiny bit of interest I have in pathology................ ;)

I am just curious about the haunsfield units of the mass on CT (if you have that information).