Case Hold/Rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clarabelle

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was placed on hold at Case, but I haven't seen any other holds? Does anyone care to share if they know whether Case did only accept/hold or if they actually did reject?

Members don't see this ad.

I was put on hold at Case as well and interviewed there on 9/25. Here is a direct quote from my hold letter "Acceptance offers are made on a rolling basis from October through March. All applicants are notified no later than May 1 of the final action of the Committee including placement on the alternate list." Best of luck!

Hey I interviewed there 9/25 as well. I can't quite remember, but didn't they say at the interview that it's not the end of the world if we're on hold? I thought they said it's not quite the same as "waitlist" at other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got put on hold, freaked out, and e-mailed one of the women in the office. She said they only gave acceptances to 1/3rd of the interviewees and rereviews are in February once everyone else has been interviewed. Not the end of the world, just keep them updated with new info.

Yeah, I don't think being on hold is a big thing at all. I'd much rather be on hold than flat out rejected. :D

Was there early Sept, I remember the ratio of total interviewed to total acceptances (including acceptances by moving off waitlist) is 2:1, sound right? But I think 1/3 interviewees are plenty to fill up the class at least for the first round, before withdraws happen and the waitlist is created.

According to Case's website, they accepted 48% of the interviewees last year for the University Program (probably includes waitlist-then-accepted people).

i was rejected from Case before an interview...

:luck: to all

they claim at the interview that putting people on hold for later consideration is a way to give people who interview later a better shot in the rolling admissions process.

been on hold since late November. Don't really know when they finally set up the waitlist, the office ladies don't really seem to know. Anybody know when they generally do that, as they're not accepting any more people until after May 1st.

How do you know that they're not accepting any more people until after May 1?

well it's not entirely sure, but I called up and they've got a full class (all acceptances sent out), aren't supposed to make the waitlist until sometime in April. accpeted applicants have to accept by may 1st, so I assume that's when they start letting people in again.

well it's not entirely sure, but I called up and they've got a full class (all acceptances sent out), aren't supposed to make the waitlist until sometime in April. accpeted applicants have to accept by may 1st, so I assume that's when they start letting people in again.

Looks like another month of waiting... sigh.

That's good to know, i guess :(

can anyone confirm this?

Yup -- in a letter they sent it says they reserve the right to withdraw acceptances from anyone holding more than one acceptance after May 1 (I guess due to the fact that they start relatively early so they need to get the waitlists moving). Good luck everyone :luck: