APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
Just how do I go about preparing a case presentation for my IM interview?
I didn't have many zebra cases? What do they (PD's) want to hear? Any suggestions? :eek:

BigBadBix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2000
Status (Visible)
APACHE3 said:
I didn't have many zebra cases? What do they (PD's) want to hear? Any suggestions? :eek:

I didn't have many zebras either. I think they just want to hear about a patient that was interesting and memorable to you in some way. I would suggest using a case that represents what you enjoy about internal medicine, or that taught you something new.

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
I had many cases I thought were interesting. Hmmm, maybe Mr. Smith's impaction problem??? :D

About the Ads

BStein76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
South
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
APACHE3 said:
I just used one of cases I had used for my required internal medicine EBM write-up (from my medicine core rotation). It was easy because I already did the research and I could quote articles about the patient case. I also checked Up to date and did a Pubmed clinical query for any new trials about my topic just to make sure nothing changed in the last year.

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
Thanks, thats a very good suggestion. I guess I do have a couple of good cases I can discuss. But I need to do so quick homework..up to date sounds good. thanks :thumbup:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.