APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
Just how do I go about preparing a case presentation for my IM interview?
I didn't have many zebra cases? What do they (PD's) want to hear? Any suggestions? :eek:

BigBadBix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2000
Visit site
Status
APACHE3 said:
I didn't have many zebra cases? What do they (PD's) want to hear? Any suggestions? :eek:
I didn't have many zebras either. I think they just want to hear about a patient that was interesting and memorable to you in some way. I would suggest using a case that represents what you enjoy about internal medicine, or that taught you something new.

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
I had many cases I thought were interesting. Hmmm, maybe Mr. Smith's impaction problem??? :D

About the Ads

BStein76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
South
Status
Medical Student
APACHE3 said:
I just used one of cases I had used for my required internal medicine EBM write-up (from my medicine core rotation). It was easy because I already did the research and I could quote articles about the patient case. I also checked Up to date and did a Pubmed clinical query for any new trials about my topic just to make sure nothing changed in the last year.

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
Thanks, thats a very good suggestion. I guess I do have a couple of good cases I can discuss. But I need to do so quick homework..up to date sounds good. thanks :thumbup:

About the Ads