Case Report a research experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterwolfie

Born to Lurk
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's already listed under publications, but does it count as a research experience too? I didn't think so but my friend pointed out that without a corresponding research experience, it looks like the publication just popped out of thin air.

Members don't see this ad.

It's already listed under publications, but does it count as a research experience too? I didn't think so but my friend pointed out that without a corresponding research experience, it looks like the publication just popped out of thin air.
It's a case report. Of course it popped out of thin air.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a case report that has been submitted for consideration for publication but it hasn't been published yet. So I can't put it under pubs and put it under research experience and wrote that it has been submitted for consideration for publication. Is that okay?

I have a case report that has been submitted for consideration for publication but it hasn't been published yet. So I can't put it under pubs and put it under research experience and wrote that it has been submitted for consideration for publication. Is that okay?
A case report is better than nothing, because it at least shows you took the time to write up a case and review some literature. But you're not answering any particular clinical or basic science question based on novel data, so it's a pretty big stretch to claim you did "research." Put it wherever you want if you're desperate for some sort of publication, but I think it would look kind of silly.