Case vs. Cincy vs. Pitt vs. OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Case vs. Cincy vs. Pitt vs. OSU

• Case

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Cincy

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Pitt

Votes: 48 57.1%
  • OSU

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ICanHazDecision

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's that time of year again...!

Not expecting much in terms of financial aid....
Case will cost about 50-60k more than OSU/Cincy.
Pitt costs about 30-40k more than OSU/Cincy.

I'm kind of already bogged down with the Ohioan perspective/viewpoint of these schools, so I
would love to hear some outside perspectives or from any students at these institutions!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're interested in research, I'd go for Pitt. Fantastic school, fantastic clinical opportunities and Pittsburgh is a cool city. If you're not so into research, I would save some money and go to Cinci.

Of these places i'd pick Pitt; very underrated city and a very good school.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're interested in research, I'd go for Pitt. Fantastic school, fantastic clinical opportunities and Pittsburgh is a cool city. If you're not so into research, I would save some money and go to Cinci.

Just out of curiosity, any particular reason you would pick Cincy over OSU?

OP: I'd go with Pitt as well unless you receive more fin aid from your instate schools.

I'd definitely pick Pitt of the four schools. However, I think that you should definitely go visit a few of these schools for second look weekends if possible to make sure you pick the place that's absolutely right for you. But I would hold off on making a final decision until financial aid packages come out since these might alter your decision.

Also, I interviewed at Cinci and I think they may have mentioned something about a few merit scholarships (I can't remember exactly though since it's been a few months, so I could be mistaken). I'm not sure about the others (though I don't think Pitt has much, if any, merit money).

Thanks for all the feedback!

I will update the thread when I get more concrete numbers later this month.

Just out of curiosity, any particular reason you would pick Cincy over OSU?

OP: I'd go with Pitt as well unless you receive more fin aid from your instate schools.

I always thought Cinci had a better reputation for clinical experience. Could be wrong, though, I'm not an Ohio resident.

It's that time of year again...!

Not expecting much in terms of financial aid....
Case will cost about 50-60k more than OSU/Cincy.
Pitt costs about 30-40k more than OSU/Cincy.

I'm kind of already bogged down with the Ohioan perspective/viewpoint of these schools, so I
would love to hear some outside perspectives or from any students at these institutions!

Pitt.

PItt is very research oriented and they tend to be money hungry. Take 3X's more OOS students than IS, because they get more $. Less emphasis on caring physicians or clinical acumen.

I would go with Case or OSU

PItt is very research oriented and they tend to be money hungry. Take 3X's more OOS students than IS, because they get more $. Less emphasis on caring physicians or clinical acumen.

Pitt is a private school and IS tuition is 1000 less than OOS, so they really aren't making more money. Case, while an excellent choice and comparable to Pitt, costs more per year than Pitt OOS and is also research oriented, from what I gathered (which is a great thing for someone who may be interested in getting in to a competitive specialty or just research in general).

So I have never done this but this guy's post rang the alarm bell so I looked at his posting history and he seems to be on the Pitt waitlist :thumbup:

:thumbdown:

So I have never done this but this guy's post rang the alarm bell so I looked at his posting history and he seems to be on the Pitt waitlist :thumbup:

:thumbdown:
Nope. I am not on the WL. Didn't apply there, accepted elsewhere. Have family ties to the faculty there however. Good luck with your decision!

False. in state tuition is only 1k less then OoS, and that difference will likely go to zero due to reduced state funding. They take lots of OoS students because they are essentially a private school and want the best students they can get.

I'd choose pitt, though I'd consider OSU due to the price. 30k difference I'd probably take pitt, much more then 40 and I'd evaluate what I want to do with my career to see if its worth it (i.e. very competitive specialty or more research oriented).

Nope. I am not on the WL. Didn't apply there, accepted elsewhere. Have family ties to the faculty there however. Good luck with your decision!

Well then, for "no apparent reason at all", you are bashing Pitt across multiple threads with unsubstantiated rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.