Case vs. Temple ()

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmw19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time deciding between Case and Temple. Both would be around the same cost for me, but I am leaning a little more toward Temple. Any input/advice would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same dilemma and I'm choosing Case. We will be the first class in the new health-education campus and the dental clinic. The facilities aren't bad at Temple but they will not be comparable. Case also has staff that schedule appointments and collect payments, at Temple you would be responsible. I also got the impression that the clinic was more organized at Case, and also like the fact that the class is smaller. What is making you lean towards Temple?

Reactions: 1 user
You make great points. Honestly I think what is holding me back from Case is not being able to picture myself there since we were not able to tour any facilities during the interview (obviously, since it is not complete). The new campus will be amazing though, so that's exciting. Also, the students that we talked to during the interview were not very enthusiastic about the program and Cleveland itself so that was kind of a red flag to me!

I wasn't impressed with Cleveland either but parts of Philly that I drove through were truly terrible, the worst ghettos I've ever seen. The students I talked to weren't all that enthusiastic but they also didn't seem unhappy, I only talked to a few people so it's hard to say. For me the biggest factor is not having to call/deal with the scheduling the patients. I'm also an outdoor person, and I'd like to have a car so I can drive to some trails and do some mountain biking and stuff. Temple is smack in the center of a giant metropolitan area and it wouldn't be practical to have a car, and even if I did, there would be nowhere to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't impressed with Cleveland either but parts of Philly that I drove through were truly terrible, the worst ghettos I've ever seen. The students I talked to weren't all that enthusiastic but they also didn't seem unhappy, I only talked to a few people so it's hard to say. For me the biggest factor is not having to call/deal with the scheduling the patients. I'm also an outdoor person, and I'd like to have a car so I can drive to some trails and do some mountain biking and stuff. Temple is smack in the center of a giant metropolitan area and it wouldn't be practical to have a car, and even if I did, there would be nowhere to go.
Not true. Delaware and parts of southeastern PA has some beautiful outdoor scenery with trails and all types of stuff to do. I know in the summer on the river in Philly there is a lot of water-sport activities. Had an internship at UPenn for a summer and its really a great city.

Not true. Delaware and parts of southeastern PA has some beautiful outdoor scenery with trails and all types of stuff to do. I know in the summer on the river in Philly there is a lot of water-sport activities. Had an internship at UPenn for a summer and its really a great city.
I can only comment on what I saw which was really REALLY TERRIBLE. I drove down from MA and never went further south than the school so perhaps that's why :shrug:

I don't mean any disrespect to the school or the dentists they put out, I think they have a fantastic program which makes this a difficult choice, but that area of philly is... bad

I think case does a great job from what I hear. I go to Temple but I wouldn’t define the entire city of Philadelphia based on when Temple is located. It’s not a great area but in a way it’s also the reason the clinical program is so strong, you really see an incredible diverse population of students. As to your point of having a car in the city, a good portion of the class has cars and keep them around for free or because it’s rather affordable to in Philly. You can easily find mountains and adventures outside of philly, travel and hour outside of Philly and you’ll be in nature.

Reactions: 1 user