Case Western 2ndary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wxl31

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm confused by the Case Western 2ndary. So is there no separate essay? When I open it up, my AMCAS essay is already in the box. It says I can submit that or something else as my essay. I'd like to submit another essay but will this mean they won't consider my AMCAS essay? I'll calll them on Monday and post if no one can offer any insight. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

wxl31 said:
I'm confused by the Case Western 2ndary. So is there no separate essay? When I open it up, my AMCAS essay is already in the box. It says I can submit that or something else as my essay. I'd like to submit another essay but will this mean they won't consider my AMCAS essay? I'll calll them on Monday and post if no one can offer any insight. Thanks.

Just read through my Case Western application, and I have the same question....please share with us what the wonderful adcoms have to say. I wouldn't mind writing another essay, but I want to make sure that's what they want. Thanks!

I haven't gotten a secondary from them yet :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Uh, I got sidetracked at work today. I'll do it tomorrow and post. I hope I remember =)

And Ambrosia, they didn't send me a 2ndary request either. Cheer up. It's early. I just used that link that's going about. Good luck!

So I called today. After being passed around to 2 different people and put on hold while they 'clarified' with someone higher up, I found out that if you choose to write a different 2ndary essay, the adcom ppl will see that and your amcas essay. Basically, they will have a file with both your primary and secondary app.

I'd feel better if someone else called and confirmed what they told me, especially since they seemed confused themselves and told me the exact opposite initially.

They also do not screen. Everyone is invited to fill out a secondary. Not sure why they haven't sent out the emails yet.

wxl31 said:
I'd feel better if someone else called and confirmed what they told me, especially since they seemed confused themselves and told me the exact opposite initially.

Thanks for calling. I was hoping you'd post something. I will give them a call tomorrow and post what I find. :)

wxl31 said:
Uh, I got sidetracked at work today. I'll do it tomorrow and post. I hope I remember =)

And Ambrosia, they didn't send me a 2ndary request either. Cheer up. It's early. I just used that link that's going about. Good luck!

could someone list the link that's going about? or name the thread where it's in? thanks.

Pinkertinkle said:
Why has Case passed me, do they screen?

No, I don't think they screen, but apparently they are pretty slow...I know a lot of people who have gotten it, and a lot who haven't, including myself. I'm starting to wonder whats taking so long though, I've been verified since 6/15. I think we just need to hang in there.....

what is the application like?
Is it necessary to write an additional essay based on what's been discussed here? :confused:

will someone post the link? i can't find it for some reason..

okay, I just spoke to them and they said that there's actually a mistake on their online secondary-- your AMCAS personal statement should NOT already be in the essay box. They indeed want you to write a SEPARATE case essay. When it comes time to interview, your interviewer will have a file which includes both essays (ps and case essay). hope that helps.

for the others, I found the case link in the 2005 secondary thread. :)