case western adcom meeting today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like status changes went up on iapply yesterday, just without email notification.

A pattern of weekly adcom meetings followed by acceptances off the hold list from now until March, perhaps? (At which time I'm assuming the waitlist will be formed.)

A pattern of weekly adcom meetings followed by acceptances off the hold list from now until March, perhaps? (At which time I'm assuming the waitlist will be formed.)

I thought that they met every other Monday? Are they now meeting every Monday?

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out on Tuesday that I was accepted. When I was there, they said that the committee meets every Thursday. Good luck everyone!

thanks for the message ErinMG..and Congrats!!! on your acceptance!

i'm still anticipating....;)

Not 100% sure but when I was there last week, that was the info I received.

The full committee definitely meets every other Monday. I'm not sure how Thursday came into play.

The full committee definitely meets every other Monday. I'm not sure how Thursday came into play.

Agreed - they meet every other Monday and iApply is updated on Wednesday (occasionally Monday).

hey guys!!

is it gonna be another decision day today??

has anyone heard from Case today?

good luck!!

looks like cheese4u heard back on a tuesday

c'mon good luck:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Based on earlier posts in this thread, I'm guessing that if you just interviewed you hear back on Tuesdays but if youre on the post-interview hold you'll hear back on a Wednesday
besides that I know Case was still interviewing up to last Friday at least

hey guys!!

is it gonna be another decision day today??

has anyone heard from Case today?

good luck!!

They met last week (2/18) so they won't meet again until 3/3 and we'll hear something (if we have a status change) on 3/4 or 3/5.

Members don't see this ad :)
Next adcom meeting is 3/3, decisions soon after. If you're on hold, I believe you could hear back at anytime though if they decide to take you.

Next adcom meeting is 3/3, decisions soon after. If you're on hold, I believe you could hear back at anytime though if they decide to take you.

thanks iceman77_7... i'll keep my fingers crossed...:rolleyes:

Any time meaning not directly after an ADCOM meeting? I figured they would only move someone off the hold list at an ADCOM meeting . . .

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: boomshakalaka

Here's to another week of waiting for Tuesday/Wednesday news . . . or silence.

Case - Don't make me send another update! :)

(also, in response to chaz - "he's on fire!")

Here's to another week of waiting for Tuesday/Wednesday news . . . or silence.

Case - Don't make me send another update! :)

(also, in response to chaz - "he's on fire!")

No kidding, I'm sick of sending letters to cleveland.

Are people here initially from the Midwest? I'm just curious as to why you guys want to goto Case so badly. It's expensive, PBL, and in the Midwest?

Why not a lower ranked, lecture based school?

Are people here initially from the Midwest? I'm just curious as to why you guys want to goto Case so badly. It's expensive, PBL, and in the Midwest?

PBL doesn't seem that bad when its pure pass/fail and you have every afternoon of the week free.

Is today's their last adcom meeting?

I was initially excited because it was an interview and I didn't know if I was getting any. :)

During my visit, I just fell in love with the place. I'm very into neuroimaging and they have incredible facilities with wonderful faculty. The facilities are great, I got along really well with the students and faculty I met, and I think the school is just a great "fit" for me. I really don't even like the midwest - I'm much happier in a bigger city, but will gladly give that up for Case. (at least until residency :) )

It is very expensive, many people hate PBL (although I've heard many quietly agree that it does help your clinical thinking - not the place for a war about this), and it is in the Midwest. It's like that gorgeous girl you caught picking her nose in lecture - you can put it out of your mind if she gives you a call.

Seeing as the AdCom meeting was yesterday, has anyone gotten a call/status page update yet?

No update here. I have been compulsively checking my status page and e-mail since yesterday, though. Does that count? ;)

Seeing as the AdCom meeting was yesterday, has anyone gotten a call/status page update yet?

Nada.

(iPhone checking email every half hour and I just checked my status page . . . don't judge me!)

Nada.

(iPhone checking email every half hour and I just checked my status page . . . don't judge me!)

No judging... I think I've been typing the URL for the status page in my sleep...

Not here. I thought it was wednesday they usually do it??

Just called the admissions office and they DID meet yesterday. I was told I should get an update within the next 3 days...

Nada.

Yes! I'm not the only person who does OCD level iPhone checking of status pages!

I pretty much figure I'm not getting an acceptance this week. I got an e-mail reply from Christian saying that he just received my update and will take it into consideration as they move ahead. Doesn't sound like something they would say to someone they decided to accept :(.

I pretty much figure I'm not getting an acceptance this week. I got an e-mail reply from Christian saying that he just received my update and will take it into consideration as they move ahead. Doesn't sound like something they would say to someone they decided to accept :(.
Don't sell yourself short! You never know. Keep hope alive:thumbup:

None of you guys should give up hope. Case supposedly has a bunch of hold and waitlist movement. It's not over until it's over.

By the way, my status updated in the late afternoon on the day after an adcom meeting, but I didn't get an email notification until later (might have been the next day).

Sorry for jumping in here. Best of luck to you all! :thumbup:

Yes! I'm not the only person who does OCD level iPhone checking of status pages!

haha I always thought it would be funny if schools tallied up how often you checked your status and used that in their admissions decisions

None of you guys should give up hope. Case supposedly has a bunch of hold and waitlist movement. It's not over until it's over.

By the way, my status updated in the late afternoon on the day after an adcom meeting, but I didn't get an email notification until later (might have been the next day).

Sorry for jumping in here. Best of luck to you all! :thumbup:

Thanks! It's nice to be reassured!

Well, today is Wednesday, I'm hoping for a phone call/iapply change.

Status update here! I've been put on hold, does anybody know what that means this late in the cycle? Oh, and I did not get an e-mail, btw, just another round of compulsively checking my status...

Good luck to everyone.

Status update here! I've been put on hold, does anybody know what that means this late in the cycle? Oh, and I did not get an e-mail, btw, just another round of compulsively checking my status...

Good luck to everyone.

Crap. It looks like they've done their update for the week - no news here (still on hold).

Gatinha - a lot of people come off the hold list @ Case, but I don't know if anyone has a good idea of the timing.

Does anyone know when Case's last meeting is? (I assume that's when they make up the waitlist and get rid of "holds")

No update for me, still on hold as well....

Gatinha - A lot of people come off of hold at Case and there is a lot of waitlist movement too. I don't think it matters whether you were put on hold today or in november (like me!). I am pretty sure they review everybody at the end.

Does anyone know when Case's last meeting is? (I assume that's when they make up the waitlist and get rid of "holds")
Good question. Do you know when they stop interviewing people (have they already?). I would assume it would be at least afterwards.

Good question. Do you know when they stop interviewing people (have they already?). I would assume it would be at least afterwards.

I don't know for a fact, but recall from somewhere that interviews go through March. My "on hold" letter (online) says "acceptance offers are made on a rolling basis from October through March".

So I would think that there will be the meeting on the 17th and then a final meeting on the 31st - obviously, just a guess. Looks like I have to go do something worth writing an update letter about. :)

I don't know for a fact, but recall from somewhere that interviews go through March. My "on hold" letter (online) says "acceptance offers are made on a rolling basis from October through March".

So I would think that there will be the meeting on the 17th and then a final meeting on the 31st - obviously, just a guess. Looks like I have to go do something worth writing an update letter about. :)

Yeah ditto, I'm running out of things to put in those. Unless they want to know I have been skiing a lot!

Yeah ditto, I'm running out of things to put in those. Unless they want to know I have been skiing a lot!

Dear Case, (3/5)

Hey, it's me again. I'm glad to see that you haven't gotten so sick of me that you still actually open my letters. Anyways . . . yesterday I helped a woman across the street. She was pretty thankful and bought me an ice cream, attached is a copy of the receipt with a thank you written on it from a wonderfully assisted woman.

-Maxprime

P.S. I hope you received my letter yesterday detailing my good deed for 3/4.

Crap. It looks like they've done their update for the week - no news here (still on hold).

Gatinha - a lot of people come off the hold list @ Case, but I don't know if anyone has a good idea of the timing.

I might be wrong, but I think I recall hearing that their last interview date was on the 29th (of Feb, that is). In fact, I just checked their website and their timeline reads:

September – February:
Interviewing season.
March 2008 (Date TBA): Second Look Weekend for accepted students.
April 2008:
Interviewed applicants "on hold after interview" are notified about alternate list decisions.

http://casemed.case.edu/admissions/process/timeline.cfm

Does anyone know how it works for CCLCM? Is there such a thing as an "on hold" status and are status updates posted on iapply? Thanks and good luck to everyone...

Gah! I'm also on hold. Well, this tells me that I have absolutely no way of judging how well I do on my interview. I could've sworn to god that my interviews at Case went fantastically. They seemed to be the best interviews I've had this entire cycle. But oh well.

I might be wrong, but I think I recall hearing that their last interview date was on the 29th (of Feb, that is). In fact, I just checked their website and their timeline reads:

September – February:
Interviewing season.
March 2008 (Date TBA): Second Look Weekend for accepted students.
April 2008:
Interviewed applicants "on hold after interview" are notified about alternate list decisions.

Thanks for looking this up & posting it for us. It sucks we have to wait until April, but I'd rather have them spend more time considering me (with my agonizing about it) than just get my rejection now.

I'm still on hold, too. Time to write the update letter!

:scared:

Last interviews were 2/29, the last UP adcom meeting was this past Monday.