case western adcom meeting today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
None taken.

btw, (after looking at your MDapp profile) I remember meeting an East Asian guy at Case from Berkeley who interviewed (later accepted) at a military med school....did you have your interview in early Nov. by any chance?

hmm it's possible. I interviewed on Nov 7. If I recall, Jochi was there, as was that 6" Korean guy from UC Irvine haha. If any of that sounds familiar...

Members don't see this ad.

hmm it's possible. I interviewed on Nov 7. If I recall, Jochi was there, as was that 6" Korean guy from UC Irvine haha. If any of that sounds familiar...

wow, 6 inches!!!!!! i wonder if he got accepted for adding diversity to the class.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email @ 9:48 this morning from Christian stating that I am on the waitlist.

Well, I just got an email that I'm on the alternate list. So awesome.

I got the e-mail about 10 minutes ago from Christian Essman. I've been waitlisted and I'm withdrawing. Good luck gentlemen and ladies.

I just got the e-mail as well. :luck::luck::luck:

got the email this morning too...

better than rejection, but still probably a really long shot

I got the e-mail about 10 minutes ago from Christian Essman. I've been waitlisted and I'm withdrawing. Good luck gentlemen and ladies.

Thank you for your prompt withdrawal - those of us in limbo greatly appreciate it.

got placed on alternate list as well. anyone get accepted/rejected? What are the chances now??

Members don't see this ad :)
got placed on alternate list as well. anyone get accepted/rejected? What are the chances now??

It's really tough to say - even the email says they can't predict how much movement we'll see. Like most things in life - hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I got the same message as well. I'm kinda happy though. I was pretty freaked out by Christian, Lina, and Case Western in general. Almost more freaky a place than Rochester.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

While I totally disagree, I thought that your comment was funny. I loved both Case and Rochester...(maybe I'm freaky!)

I'm sure there will be plenty of waitlist movement in a class as large as Case Western's. So even though it's tempting to withdraw when you get put on the "list of death", keep your hopes up! Good luck to you all! :luck:

I am guessing, since you don't have to tell them whether or not you accept your position on the waitlist until May 1st, that the next time we hear from them (if we hear from them) will be sometime after that

Well, Christian just confirmed my withdrawal. I am officially out of the running for CWRU. I hope some of you guys get out of limbo (to quote maxprime) and into the school :).

does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?

On the waitlist as well. For a note, I've had no change in my iApply status.

C'mon, Case! :love:

hmm i got the waiting list also. i really want to know if people got rejected so i'm not hanging onto a false glimmer of hope.

got waitlisted today.... had been "on hold" since October (interviewed in September).... BOO!

Does Case Western get any waitlist movement? I can't imagine they would

got waitlisted today.... had been "on hold" since October (interviewed in September).... BOO!

Does Case Western get any waitlist movement? I can't imagine they would

Due to their high stats, I would think that they would see a lot of movement - as people with high #'s get accepted by more schools and therefore hold more spots than the rest of us.

add me to the wait list too.

There was very little movement on last years alternate list. Maxprime is right. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

I was there that day too...

does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?

Apparently it isn't. But I am sure they have some kind of categorical groupings of some sort.

Due to their high stats, I would think that they would see a lot of movement - as people with high #'s get accepted by more schools and therefore hold more spots than the rest of us.

I think this is true, Case seems to compete with a lot of the bigger names for the same students.

On alternate list as well, but i'm withdrawing. good luck everyone!

Waitlisted also. Still much better than a rejection.

Waitlist and financial aid.

So now that we are on the waitlist. are we supposed to do anything regarding financial aid materials?

Waitlist and financial aid.

So now that we are on the waitlist. are we supposed to do anything regarding financial aid materials?

Do you mean you got financial aid materials from Case?

yea. sorry i should have been more specific. According to the Case website the financial aid materials for Case are due on March 31st. I was wondering if it was necessary for people on the waitlist to complete these forms in case we were accepted later on.

Another listard here. Is it bad that it took until afternoon for me :scared:

Or is it good that I'm on the first day :)

yea. sorry i should have been more specific. According to the Case website the financial aid materials for Case are due on March 31st. I was wondering if it was necessary for people on the waitlist to complete these forms in case we were accepted later on.

I remember reading this morning that the deadline does not apply to those on the alternate list. I read it in last years Case Western Alternate List thread so double check.

Waitlisted this morning. Withdrew this afternoon. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting :luck::luck::luck:

hahaha...yeah that was you then! I was in your interview group! :D

I got the same message as well. I'm kinda happy though. I was pretty freaked out by Christian, Lina, and Case Western in general. Almost more freaky a place than Rochester.

jackson123, i don't know what you're talking about. maybe you're badmouthing case western cuz you didn't get accepted? cleveland clinic (one of the teaching hospitals) is the fourth best hospital in the US, not to mention the nation's #1 cardiology center for the past 13 years. the city of cleveland has a rich medical history (really apparent if you visit the museum inside the medical library). case western is the only med school in cleveland (unlike NYC)... i heard that med school students at case benefit from that.

anyways, here are some dates for anyone who's interested:
8/3: app marked complete
9/7: interview invite
10/30: interview date
11/7: acceptance notice at iApply

i'll be heading to case western for second look weekend...
anyone else out there heading out to cleveland in 2 weeks?

Another listard here. Is it bad that it took until afternoon for me :scared:

Or is it good that I'm on the first day :)

I wondered about that too. I wonder if there is a correlation between the time of your e-mail and your place on the alternate list. If anyone cares, I got my e-mail at 9:46am.

Cleveland is a total dump. There is no advantage in being the only medical school in a region (thats just case western trying to find something different about their school). The cleveland clinic, although affiliated with case western, is a separate entity. I have no reason to bad mouth case western, as I have been accepted to 5 schools including NYU and Columbia. And, I'm waiting to hear from penn and hopkins post-interview. Good luck living in creepville for the next four years!!!

jackson123, i don't know what you're talking about. maybe you're badmouthing case western cuz you didn't get accepted? cleveland clinic (one of the teaching hospitals) is the fourth best hospital in the US, not to mention the nation's #1 cardiology center for the past 13 years. the city of cleveland has a rich medical history (really apparent if you visit the museum inside the medical library). case western is the only med school in cleveland (unlike NYC)... i heard that med school students at case benefit from that.

anyways, here are some dates for anyone who's interested:
8/3: app marked complete
9/7: interview invite
10/30: interview date
11/7: acceptance notice at iApply

i'll be heading to case western for second look weekend...
anyone else out there heading out to cleveland in 2 weeks?

The cleveland clinic, although affiliated with case western, is a separate entity.

bulls***, cleveland clinic is one of the three hospitals at which med school students can rotate.

Apparently, every applicant isn't a perfect fit for every school in the country - shocking, I know. I don't mind the back and forth, but neither of you are going to change each other's mind so you can save some time and energy by letting it go. :)

Cleveland is a total dump. There is no advantage in being the only medical school in a region (thats just case western trying to find something different about their school). The cleveland clinic, although affiliated with case western, is a separate entity. I have no reason to bad mouth case western, as I have been accepted to 5 schools including NYU and Columbia. And, I'm waiting to hear from penn and hopkins post-interview. Good luck living in creepville for the next four years!!!

come on... let's not fight...

i agree that the city of cleveland is a dump, but case is an amazing school. one of the reasons i really wanted to go there before visiting cleveland was for their insane reputation with cardio (i don't see why you can't build connections and work with the cleveland clinic while you're are case) and their curriculum. admittedly, i'm bitter and sad about being put on the waitlist. i'm almost 95% sure it had to do with my horrible luck in getting a crappy interviewer. still, let's not hate on case here at least.

I think it's fair to say that Cleveland sucks - I think the majority of medical schools are in lame cities or at least the crappy part of good cities. But I'd rather attend a school I love in a place that sucks than a school that sucks in a place I love.

Cleveland is a total dump

blah blah blah blah blah

Last I heard, St.Louis and Baltimore are pretty dodgy, not that it seems to stop people from accepting WashU or JHopkins.

blah blah blah blah blah

Last I heard, St.Louis and Baltimore are pretty dodgy, not that it seems to stop people from accepting WashU or JHopkins.

when i was at einstein, our tour guide said "the bronx may not be the nicest place, but think of all the GSWs you'll get to work on"

when i was at einstein, our tour guide said "the bronx may not be the nicest place, but think of all the GSWs you'll get to work on"

I'm nearing the end of my 1st year now and I've seen 3 GSWs at the Metro ED already. Whether that's a good or bad thing is for you to decide.

iApply is updated.