Case Western App?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwimGirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has heard from Case (I haven't), but exploring their page I found this link,
http://medulla.cwru.edu/AdmApplication/index.asp

Is this their secondary or a response to AMCAS screw up? I can't find any directions and was wondering if anyone had actually been directed to the page.

Let me know if you know anything about this. Thanks. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed it too. I just called them. There are some fields on the app that I don't know how to find such as "legal county code" "legal county legal indicator." The lady told me to go ahead and fill it out and submit it the best I could. Not to worry about it. She is asking the dean what I should put in the field and will email me about it. I will post the response.

Thanks for the info.... So, anyone can fill out this app, they don't have to send you anything first? Please do post whatever information she gets back to you with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update on the Case App: There are now instructions for the application on the same site that I listed above. I still don't know what to put in half the field's though. Any one have any more info?

Thanks SwimGirl. I did not hear back from Case. I tried the online app, but when I hit "submit" there was some error. Has anyone been able to successfully transmit the CWRU online app?

mdhopeful,

when I hit submit, I got a page that said my information was stored (filed, or something like that) successfully. So, I guess it worked.

The app did seem awfully short to me though, just addresses and MCAT scores basically... I wonder if that's really it.

I just received the CWRU secondary today. Im an Ohio resident.
They do ask for an essay:
"Write a brief essay in your own words on some subject outside of medicine, which has held your interest. You may submit your essay on separate page(s) attached to this form. Please keep your essay limited to TWO pages."
$75 fee, and some other straightforward questions.
btw, any veterans who could offer insight to tackling this question? Thanks a lot.

anyone obtain more information on filling the cwru form? more specifically ethnic code, date of application? just wanted to know. if not, i'll call and post tomorrow.

This form is not the secondary. It specifically states at the top of the form that applicants must apply through AMCAS, submit this form (which they've apparently designed because AMCAS is so slow getting them anything at all), and return the secondary that they will only mail out once AMCAS has transmitted something to them. They also say that they DO NOT want a paper copy of AMCAS.

Sounded great until I tried to submit the form. No matter how many times I hit the submit button, nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem?

I had that problem too! I guess I'll try giving them a call tomorrow...

Hey, so for those of you who had submission problems like me yesterday, the lady this morning said that they were having problems with their database yesterday and that it's fine now. Good luck everyone!

(Oh yeah, and she had no idea what to put for ethnic code, etc...)

called today, they said for the "codes" that they are working on a version that is more clear, but just to put whatever made sense to you and if you couldn't figure it out to leave it blank. also she said that they've emailed this link to all people who have had their preliminary received from amcas already, but they hoped it would get passed around and anyone applying to case should submit it.

Yesterday I couldn't submit the form at all, but today it submits if you accidentally hit "enter" before finishing the form and then won't let you re-enter ("A user with that SSN already exists") to complete it. I wish they'd get their act together. I've e-mailed to find out what to do, and I'll post their reply.

Haven't you all got the paper secondary from Case Western? I got mine yesterday, so I was just wondering. also, it says absolutely nothing about this web app you all refer to. Are you sure the web app is necessary?

Nope, no paper secondary, and no response to my e-mail query about not being able to re-enter, although I got a quick response when the site didn't work at all. The instructions on the form state that all applicants must complete it as well as applying through AMCAS and returning the secondary.