Case Western - Class of 2012 Alternate List!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Niblick

Golf is Good
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email offering me a position on the alternate list at Case! Of course it happens the day after I submit and pay AADSAS for next cycle...

Good luck to anyone else hoping for a spot!

Does anyone know about how many people get in from their alternate list?

Members don't see this ad.

Same here, I got the email today as well.

Good luck.

I was on the alternate list at Case back for the '07 cycle. It depends on where you're at on the list (top, middle, or bottom third), since their list is close to 40. Mr. Dalsky had told me at that time that they might not pull any from the list, but that they've had as many as 15 pulled from the list. Although I heard they increased the class size so that might help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, lets say if I dont get pulled from the list into the class this cycle, will being on the alternate list this cycle give me a boost or advantage for the next cycle?

Hi, lets say if I dont get pulled from the list into the class this cycle, will being on the alternate list this cycle give me a boost or advantage for the next cycle?

Not sure, I remember Dalsky saying that the committee would meet right after school starts and possible grant automatic admission to a few off of the alternate list. However I'm not sure if being on the alternate list gives you preference for the next cycle aside from that. I hope it does as I am applying again, but I doubt it.

I don't know if it gets you any preference the next year, but I know last year their class over accepeted so no one got pulled off the waitlist. I was in the top third last year on the waitlist and was so lucky to get one of the automatic admissions for this year. Good luck guys keep your hopes up!

I don't know if it gets you any preference the next year, but I know last year their class over accepeted so no one got pulled off the waitlist. I was in the top third last year on the waitlist and was so lucky to get one of the automatic admissions for this year. Good luck guys keep your hopes up!

dang, i was in the top third last year too but never got the automatic admission. I am truly jealous of you. Congrats tho- maybe ill be lucky enough to get off of it this year and join you.

Who is ready to find out rankings on the Alternate List?!? I just called today and they don't even have a date scheduled of when they will meet to rank everyone...

They are dragging this process on forever!! I really need to be studying to re-take the DAT, but it's so hard when there is still a slight chance that I could be in Dental School Aug. 4, 2008.

Anyone else ready for some closure on the 2008 cycle?

i totally feel your frustration

i just paid like $1600 to apply again for 2009 and am on 2 waiting lists (including case) for this fall... hopefully they get things organized quickly

I am in the class of '11 here at case. I was waitlisted in '06, and wasn't offered a deferred acceptance or anything. I re-applied and just made it in. I am part of the class that has too many students. They have told us they have no plans of increasing the class size, but who knows. Good luck to everyone, and if you are waiting to reapply because of your waitlist status, I would say bite the bullet and send in that obscene sum of money.

just got accepted off of the waiting list today!! good luck to everyone else.. there is still hope!

I just got an email offering me a position on the alternate list at Case! Of course it happens the day after I submit and pay AADSAS for next cycle...

Good luck to anyone else hoping for a spot!

Does anyone know about how many people get in from their alternate list?

3.5 18/18/22...and u didnt get anywhere last cycle...man things dont look good for me...

just got accepted off of the waiting list today!! good luck to everyone else.. there is still hope!
CONGRATS!! are you attending case?? If so welcome and join our facebook group!!!!

yes i am coming! i have so much to get organized now in the next two months... haha and i already joined the facebook group, i'm excited to meet everyone! thanks for the congrats