Case Western (CWRU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: *** Official Case Western (CWRU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Thread ***

Link to interview prep: Case Western Reserve University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

“If you are chosen for an interview, you will receive more information about the interviews. More than likely, we will be conducting virtual interviews this cycle.”

from email verifying they received my app and it is under review.

“If you are chosen for an interview, you will receive more information about the interviews. More than likely, we will be conducting virtual interviews this cycle.”

from email verifying they received my app and it is under review.
How long did it take for them to email you after submitting?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see Case Western is listed as a school on the Casper website however I can not find anymore info regarding this on the school website. Has any applicant this cycle taken Casper for case western?

I see Case Western is listed as a school on the Casper website however I can not find anymore info regarding this on the school website. Has any applicant this cycle taken Casper for case western?

When I signed up for my CASPER test about 2 weeks ago Case western wasn't listed as one of the schools. They also didn't mention it when they emailed me confirming my application and asking for the supplemental fee.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't receive an email from them confirming my application is complete. I had submitted the supplemental fee through a link they provided on AADSAS. After I submitted my application to them, I went and paid the supplemental. It also says "Received/under review" on AADSAS.

I saw it as well, but when I asked the admission after receiving the complete application email that if I need to do anything else they said no, so I guess they probably want CASPER starting next cycle

Has anyone gotten any interview offers recently? My application has been verified/complete since August 5, but I haven't heard anything.
DAT
AA: 23
PAT: 22
TS: 21
GPA: 3.6

Has anyone gotten any interview offers recently? My application has been verified/complete since August 5, but I haven't heard anything.
DAT
AA: 23
PAT: 22
TS: 21
GPA: 3.6

Nope. I was hoping they reach us by the end of August but no I was wrong.

Got an interview invite this morning! Good luck everyone!

Hello all :)

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees get accepted into CWRU?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite this morning! Good luck everyone!
Hello all :)

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees get accepted into CWRU?
Same here!
AA 21
GPA 3.96
Congrats you all! could you guys pls fill up this form? especially the AADSAS mail-out date and Application complete date?
Interview/Acceptance/Rejection #_
(pick 1 of 3 and add your number)
School: Name
Notification date: Date
Method of notification: Portal or Email or Call
Residency: State
AADSAS mail-out date: Date your app was verified
Application complete date: Date the school said your file was complete
GPA (science, overall): x.xx, x.xx
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): Scores if you want to post
Dates available OR your interview date: Post if you want to!
Method of interview: Virtual or In-person?

Received an interview this morning - OOS :)
Cograts! pls fill up this to give the rest of people here a grasp about where they are at the processing!
Interview/Acceptance/Rejection #_ (pick 1 of 3 and add your number)
School: Name
Notification date: Date
Method of notification: Portal or Email or Call
Residency: State
AADSAS mail-out date: Date your app was verified
Application complete date: Date the school said your file was complete
GPA (science, overall): x.xx, x.xx
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): Scores if you want to post
Dates available OR your interview date: Post if you want to!
Method of interview: Virtual or In-person?

Interview #2
School: Case Western
Notification date: 09/12
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/26
Application complete date: 07/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 28/30/27/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date:
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 2 users
interviews are scheduled individually. They gave you the name of your interviewer and tell you to contact them to schedule your own interview.

For those who have already completed the 10 min interview with Brian Sherman:
How did it go? Did your preparations help?

As anyone planning to do the optional CASper snapshot in addition to the regular CASper test for Case? Wondering whether I should do it or not. Thanks.

For those who have already completed the 10 min interview with Brian Sherman:
How did it go? Did your preparations help?
The interview was very chill! More relaxing than I thought. Make sure you review your application before the interview

As anyone planning to do the optional CASper snapshot in addition to the regular CASper test for Case? Wondering whether I should do it or not. Thanks.
I did the snapshot anyway because other school required it. It is pretty simple, it took me less than a 10 minute so might as well just do it

Hi everyone! For those who have interviewed with Mr. Brian Sherman, was it open file/did he know about your app in depth prior to the interview? Thanks!

Has case western finished all it’s Pre December interviews

No one has the answers to that in all the threads you just posted in, except the admissions committee at each school.

• Haha
Hi everyone! For those who have interviewed with Mr. Brian Sherman, was it open file/did he know about your app in depth prior to the interview? Thanks!
I am not sure if it was open file because they asked me very generic questions not necessarily in regards to my specific app like essays etc.. but I still suggest you go through your app before your interview just in case. Overall the interviewer was very chill so I wouldn't be worried about! I also suggest going through interview questions for CWRU on SDN because it really helped me a lot!

I finished the interview with Brian few weeks ago, but haven't heard back about the 2nd interview with a faculty. Did anyone hear back?

I finished the interview with Brian few weeks ago, but haven't heard back about the 2nd interview with a faculty. Did anyone hear back?

It’s been over a month and I haven’t heard anything either

I’m in the same boat, finished 1st interview and haven’t heard anything yet about the 2nd

Nothing yet, they did mention being a little behind during the information session. Hopefully sometime soon.

I just emailed the school because I also have not heard back about the second interview.
UPDATE
I just got an email from Brian Sherman that I was assigned to one professor for a faculty interview. I suggest people to reach out to him for the second interview.

Last edited:
I just emailed the school because I also have not heard back about the second interview.
UPDATE
I just got an email from Brian Sherman that I was assigned to one professor for a faculty interview. I suggest people to reach out to him for the second interview.
Did he say that people should reach out to him for it? Thanks for letting us know!

Did he say that people should reach out to him for it? Thanks for letting us know!
No problem!
Honestly I have no idea. I was kinda surprised I had to reach out to him to receive a second interview, or maybe he was about to email me and it was a coincidence. But either way, to be safe try to email him and you'll get the answer!

A friend interviewed there 2 years prior. She said it was open book because the interviewer complimented her on her personal statement/ asked about her letter of recommender. However, they didn't ask her about stuff on her application, and it was just a chill interview mostly about getting to know the applicant.

thank you for sharing! do you know if they are still sending interviews? I feel like they've been quiet lately
Not sure, the only way to know for sure would be to contact admissions! If not pre-December, I’m sure there’ll be some post December interviews!

Did everyone hear back for the second interview with a faculty? Still waiting.