• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Case Western (CWRU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Verified Expert
Dec 25, 2016
  1. Dental Student

Gustavo dos Santos

Nov 19, 2019
    1. Pre-Dental
      “If you are chosen for an interview, you will receive more information about the interviews. More than likely, we will be conducting virtual interviews this cycle.”

from email verifying they received my app and it is under review.

About the Ads

ferfax

2+ Year Member
      Jul 5, 2019
        I see Case Western is listed as a school on the Casper website however I can not find anymore info regarding this on the school website. Has any applicant this cycle taken Casper for case western?

imKarim

2+ Year Member
        Apr 21, 2017
        1. Pre-Dental
          I see Case Western is listed as a school on the Casper website however I can not find anymore info regarding this on the school website. Has any applicant this cycle taken Casper for case western?

When I signed up for my CASPER test about 2 weeks ago Case western wasn't listed as one of the schools. They also didn't mention it when they emailed me confirming my application and asking for the supplemental fee.

Reactions: 1 user

DocStranger

Bronze Member
          Dec 5, 2019
            I didn't receive an email from them confirming my application is complete. I had submitted the supplemental fee through a link they provided on AADSAS. After I submitted my application to them, I went and paid the supplemental. It also says "Received/under review" on AADSAS.

About the Ads

Dr.Deadpool97

Jul 22, 2019
            1. Pre-Dental
              Got an interview invite this morning! Good luck everyone!
              Hello all :)

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees get accepted into CWRU?
              Same here!
              AA 21
              GPA 3.96
              Congrats you all! could you guys pls fill up this form? especially the AADSAS mail-out date and Application complete date?
              Interview/Acceptance/Rejection #_
              (pick 1 of 3 and add your number)
              School: Name
              Notification date: Date
              Method of notification: Portal or Email or Call
              Residency: State
              AADSAS mail-out date: Date your app was verified
              Application complete date: Date the school said your file was complete
              GPA (science, overall): x.xx, x.xx
              DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): Scores if you want to post
              Dates available OR your interview date: Post if you want to!
              Method of interview: Virtual or In-person?

Dr.Deadpool97

Jul 22, 2019
              1. Pre-Dental
                Received an interview this morning - OOS :)
                Cograts! pls fill up this to give the rest of people here a grasp about where they are at the processing!
                Interview/Acceptance/Rejection #_ (pick 1 of 3 and add your number)
                School: Name
                Notification date: Date
                Method of notification: Portal or Email or Call
                Residency: State
                AADSAS mail-out date: Date your app was verified
                Application complete date: Date the school said your file was complete
                GPA (science, overall): x.xx, x.xx
                DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): Scores if you want to post
                Dates available OR your interview date: Post if you want to!
                Method of interview: Virtual or In-person?

subie99

May 15, 2020
                1. Pre-Dental
                  Interview #2
                  School: Case Western
                  Notification date: 09/12
                  Method of notification: Email
                  Residency: OOS
                  AADSAS mail-out date: 06/26
                  Application complete date: 07/20
                  GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.91
                  DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 28/30/27/30/none
                  Dates available OR your interview date:
                  Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 2 users
                  About the Ads

futuredds__

Jul 10, 2019
                  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
                    Hi everyone! For those who have interviewed with Mr. Brian Sherman, was it open file/did he know about your app in depth prior to the interview? Thanks!
                    I am not sure if it was open file because they asked me very generic questions not necessarily in regards to my specific app like essays etc.. but I still suggest you go through your app before your interview just in case. Overall the interviewer was very chill so I wouldn't be worried about! I also suggest going through interview questions for CWRU on SDN because it really helped me a lot!

About the Ads

futuredds__

Jul 10, 2019
                      I just emailed the school because I also have not heard back about the second interview.
                      UPDATE
                      I just got an email from Brian Sherman that I was assigned to one professor for a faculty interview. I suggest people to reach out to him for the second interview.

Last edited:

Futdent10

2+ Year Member
                      Jan 21, 2019
                        I just emailed the school because I also have not heard back about the second interview.
                        UPDATE
                        I just got an email from Brian Sherman that I was assigned to one professor for a faculty interview. I suggest people to reach out to him for the second interview.
                        Did he say that people should reach out to him for it? Thanks for letting us know!

futuredds__

Jul 10, 2019
                          Did he say that people should reach out to him for it? Thanks for letting us know!
                          No problem!
                          Honestly I have no idea. I was kinda surprised I had to reach out to him to receive a second interview, or maybe he was about to email me and it was a coincidence. But either way, to be safe try to email him and you'll get the answer!

snoopdoggo

Dec 23, 2019
                          1. Pre-Medical
                            Hi everyone! For those who have interviewed with Mr. Brian Sherman, was it open file/did he know about your app in depth prior to the interview? Thanks!
                            A friend interviewed there 2 years prior. She said it was open book because the interviewer complimented her on her personal statement/ asked about her letter of recommender. However, they didn't ask her about stuff on her application, and it was just a chill interview mostly about getting to know the applicant.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                            7. This thread is locked.