• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
  • Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2001
Status (Visible)
"Type or Copy and Paste a brief essay in your own words on some subject outside of medicine which has held your interest. Please limit your essay to 2 pages."

Do they want us to type a report type of essay about a specific topic (don't include your personal experiences) or an essay where we talk about our experiences with that topic?

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You probably should show how it has held your interest, but not necessarily. You could write a straight up essay about motorcylces, for example, or you could write about your motorcylce. I would tend to go personal.

About the Ads

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2001
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by AlternateSome1
Well, if you can't be personal about it, then it probably hasn't held your interest very well. Hrm?

~AS1~

at first i thought it was like a personal essay type of deal where i'd talk about my experiences and how it affected me, but as i read more, i started wondering if it was more like a history essay/argumentative essay relating to some topic like a review in research journals. why else would they write "in your own words?"

mws99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2002
Status (Visible)
Has anybody gotten the paper secondary yet?

Zoobaby

Monkey Wrench
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
BFE
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Doctor Octopus
You probably should show how it has held your interest, but not necessarily. You could write a straight up essay about motorcylces, for example, or you could write about your motorcylce. I would tend to go personal.

Octo, have you been hacking my computer again?? I wrote about my motorcycle. :)

'Course now I'll get the interviewer who works in the ER and gets to see all the head trauma cases of people who don't wear helmets. I've had so much practice with my mom on this issue, however, I shoudl still be ok. :)

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2002
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Zoobaby

Octo, have you been hacking my computer again?? I wrote about my motorcycle. :)

'Course now I'll get the interviewer who works in the ER and gets to see all the head trauma cases of people who don't wear helmets. I've had so much practice with my mom on this issue, however, I shoudl still be ok. :)

I guess I'm just clairvoyant. ;)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.