Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2001
2,416
5
Visit site
Status
"Type or Copy and Paste a brief essay in your own words on some subject outside of medicine which has held your interest. Please limit your essay to 2 pages."

Do they want us to type a report type of essay about a specific topic (don't include your personal experiences) or an essay where we talk about our experiences with that topic?
 

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
1,621
25
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You probably should show how it has held your interest, but not necessarily. You could write a straight up essay about motorcylces, for example, or you could write about your motorcylce. I would tend to go personal.
 

AlternateSome1

Burnt Out
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2002
980
20
NY
Status
Attending Physician
Well, if you can't be personal about it, then it probably hasn't held your interest very well. Hrm?

~AS1~
 
About the Ads
OP
Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2001
2,416
5
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by AlternateSome1
Well, if you can't be personal about it, then it probably hasn't held your interest very well. Hrm?

~AS1~
at first i thought it was like a personal essay type of deal where i'd talk about my experiences and how it affected me, but as i read more, i started wondering if it was more like a history essay/argumentative essay relating to some topic like a review in research journals. why else would they write "in your own words?"
 

Zoobaby

Monkey Wrench
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
959
1
BFE
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Doctor Octopus
You probably should show how it has held your interest, but not necessarily. You could write a straight up essay about motorcylces, for example, or you could write about your motorcylce. I would tend to go personal.
Octo, have you been hacking my computer again?? I wrote about my motorcycle. :)

'Course now I'll get the interviewer who works in the ER and gets to see all the head trauma cases of people who don't wear helmets. I've had so much practice with my mom on this issue, however, I shoudl still be ok. :)
 

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
1,621
25
"Picksburgh"
Idonthaveone
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Zoobaby


Octo, have you been hacking my computer again?? I wrote about my motorcycle. :)

'Course now I'll get the interviewer who works in the ER and gets to see all the head trauma cases of people who don't wear helmets. I've had so much practice with my mom on this issue, however, I shoudl still be ok. :)
I guess I'm just clairvoyant. ;)
 
About the Ads