Case Western Interview Feedback !!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sam1234, Sep 16, 2002.

1. sam1234

sam1234 Member

Got back from Cleveland and wanted to share my interview experience. Overall it was a good experience. The day started at 8:45 a.m. There were in all 4 of us for the interviews that day. The interviews started at 9:35 a.m. I had my two one- on- one interviews each lasting about 45-50 min. The interviews were pretty laid back. Mostly general questions about the weather, living in cleveland, ongoing research, community outreach programs etc. The questions regarding academics came up occassionally. By the time the interviews were over it was 11:30 a.m. There was suppose to be a financial aid sesssion from 11:30 a.m. But, unfourtunately the person responsible for the session could not make it on that day. A D-1 took us for the lunch and then showed us around the school. We saw the school libraries, Dentsim, Clinicals of D-3 and D-4. I think Case has some of best Clinicals and having separate operatory chair would be fun. By the time the tour was over it was 1:30 in the afternoon. The D-1 asked whether any of us were further interested in looking around. But all four of us left.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    Sam, who did you interview with? I had Phil and Dr. Baer. Sounds like you had an enjoyable time. Too bad you missed out on the finanical aid session -- it was quite entertaining.

4. sam1234

sam1234 Member

I was looking forward for the financial aid session Gavin, as the tuition is high for Case Western.
    Dr. Sawyer and Tim interviewed me. Dr. Sawyer is chairman of department of Oral diagnosis and Radiology.

5. asim419

asim419 Junior Member

Hey guys, I got an interview with Case this thursday (9/19). Do we have to bring anything with us to the interview? any suggestions? what kind of questions did they ask? Also, where did u guys stay for the night and how much did it cost? any info would greatly help me out guys.
    thanks.

6. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    I stayed in a ghetto hotel that I found through hotels.com. It was truly a rip off, I didn't sleep a wink, and the "free" shuttle to the airport was run by a guy who didn't want to drive me anywhere. I had to beg to get him to take me to the airport at 7am, and it wasn't easy.

I enjoyed Case because about 25% of the students there were from my undergrad.

You don't have to take anything to the interview, other than the photo of yourself. Good luck, you'll have fun!

7. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown New Member

Sounds Great !!!! Am assuming you will get a call from CASE !!!!

Good Luck and Best Wishes

8. sam1234

sam1234 Member

As Gavin said you don't have to take anything with you except for the photo. I took a file with me which became a burden during the tour.

Anyway Good luck for the interview !!!