case western interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmac81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have my interview at Case next monday and was just wondering from anyone who has already interviewed or has in the past any kind of help/advice you could give me. Kinda nervous with it being the first one and all...

Hope to hear from you guys soon

Members don't see this ad.

Case was my first interview last year, and I interviewed on the first day possible.

The process itself is laid-back and there isn't anything to be nervous about.

Read up a little bit on the school so you can ask intelligent questions about areas that might interest you or that you might not understand.

The info. they sent with your interview letter describes several program the school participates in, and those are always a good starting point when it comes to questions.

Also try to discover what the weaknesses of the school might be.

I think you'll really enjoy your time there. Case is an excellent program and the people were super-nice!

I just had my case interview last monday (Aug. 18th). It was extremely laid back. I asked more questions than they asked me. They seemed a bit disorganized though, the secretaries were calling a bunch of professors to see if they could conduct an interview. You are interviewed by two different faculty members, but not the director of admissions. Overall it was a great experience. Just relax and know a lot about the school before you go. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
dr_benj

How many applicants were interviewed that day ?

There were only 4 of us.

Hello all,

Anyone knows a place/ a cheap hotel to stay for CWRU interview?
Any suggestions, please!

As far as the sleeping arrangements and such, FYI, if you want to stay somewhere nice for not a lot of money-do Priceline and select downtown. I stayed in the Renaissance for about $65 a night-which was cheaper than a Comfort Inn I had originally reserved. It was really swanky and I just rented a car at the airport and drove to school. It was a really easy drive, just get on Euclid, which is easily accessible from downtown, and park in a parking garage right by the dental school (about 6 bucks). THen I drove around the school and did some recon. I saw little Italy, the northeast side (scary) and the waterfront. Plus, there is a nice mall by the downtown hotels.

The Interivew is nice and short. The tour is fun, and they take you around to the school and the cafeteria which the med and nursing students share (try the grilled sandwiches, they're grrrrrrreat!) and then you can go back and ask questions or wander through the sim lab, etc. It really is laid back.

Good Luck,
Perc-