Case Western Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wahoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Case Western accepts more than the required 4 recommendations? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I can't find the answer to that question either. I also wonder how strict they are about the requirement that the application must be returned in two weeks from date of receipt. I just took the MCAT so they won't have a complete application to review until mid October anyway.

I just sent mine off today, exactly 2 weeks after I initially received it... However, it says somewhere that their "final deadline" is December 10, so I think they just prefer (not require) a quick turnaround on the secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
can someone post the essay for the secondary and the word limit? i'm at home and wanted to get started on the app. hopefully the secondary is waiting in my box and school. thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Bruno316:
•can someone post the essay for the secondary and the word limit? i'm at home and wanted to get started on the app. hopefully the secondary is waiting in my box and school. thanks for the help.•

Write a brief essay in your own words on some subject outside of medicine, which has held your interest. You may submit your essay on a separate page(s) attached to this form. Please keep your essay limited to TWO pages.

4 letters of rec required from CWRU!!! I don't think thats right? Two, one science and one non-science have sufficed in the past if there is no committee letter. Can someone tell me where they found this...
thanks

Originally posted by kmy:
•4 letters of rec required from CWRU!!! I don't think thats right? Two, one science and one non-science have sufficed in the past if there is no committee letter. Can someone tell me where they found this...
thanks•

The secondary has 4 numbered lines for "individuals...that will submit letters on your behalf." There are no instructions about how many are required.

Thanks SMW. In case anyone is stressing, you definitely dont need four rec letters. Two will work without a committee, they just provide multiple lines, I dont really know why. The cool thing though, is that they will take about as many as you send them, at least that was my experience. It would be a pain to come up with four, that would suck.

I've read on other threads on this forum, though, that most schools want more than 3 letters, even if their requirement is one science, one non-science (Mount Sinai springs to mind). Someone even said the average is 5-6, I think. I barely have 4 -- 3 profs and a doc -- and really couldn't come up with any more to save my life. :(