Case Western -- Rejected TWICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MGR627

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my SECOND (yes, second) rejection from Case today. Rejected back in September and now again in December. I guess they really don't want me!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

MGR627 said:
I just got my SECOND (yes, second) rejection from Case today. Rejected back in September and now again in December. I guess they really don't want me!! :laugh:

I guess they think you're so stupid that you need two reminders? Haha, just kidding.

Did they really notify you twice? By snail mail each time?

unicorn06 said:
I guess they think you're so stupid that you need two reminders? Haha, just kidding.

ROTFL

Members don't see this ad :)
unicorn06 said:

yah, snail mail both times.....rejected twice in 3 months.....i guess they thought i needed a reminder! :laugh:

Was once the Clev. Clinic program and the other the univ program? They are both diff admission offices.

ti89 said:
Was once the Clev. Clinic program and the other the univ program? They are both diff admission offices.

both the university program

MGR627 said:

Sweet... I got rejected from Case (though, dental school) in early Sep, and invited for an interview in late Oct...

They really have their crap together!

grmaster1 said:
Sweet... I got rejected from Case (though, dental school) in early Sep, and invited for an interview in late Oct...

awesome..... ;) :laugh:

I have a friend who was in the application cycle last year whose top choice was NYU.

He got a rejection letter from them in November.
Then he got a pdf email letter of the SAME rejection letter again in May.

When the first one crushes your heart, the second one ain't too pretty.

MGR627 said:

Jeezus. I think you should send them a polite but cold email about how you already received the first rejection letter, thank you very much...

They should be embarrassed that they did that! I'm sure it wasn't intentional. But they should know what they're doing, b/c they might do that to other ppl.

I got someone else's rejection letter from the MD/PHD program. It was addressed to someone else but had my address. I just opened it anyways and figured I'd try to find the person if it was an interview or something.

Way to go CASE! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

maybe third time will be a charm :laugh:

grmaster1 said:

Yeah, their online status check is tops... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Aaahahahaa hilarious

"STAY AWAY FROM OUR SCHOOL BIATACHHHACHACHA!"

Turkeyman said:
"STAY AWAY FROM OUR SCHOOL BIATACHHHACHACHA!"

LMAO!!
can the message be more clear?

MGR627 said:

A double negative is a positive. They "didn't not" accept you. So congrats.

Oh dearz! I didn't know Case was so out of it. I say send them a withdrawing application letter.. and couple of months later, send them another one! :laugh:

MGR627 said:

I guess they're trying to say:

PenguinsOwned.gif

Law2Doc said:
A double negative is a positive. They "didn't not" accept you. So congrats.

HA HA HA HA HA :D I LOVE IT!!! This is one of the most clever things I've seen on this forum. Kudos, Law2Doc.

But anyways, our condolensces, MGR627. I'm afraid I don't have anything funny to say, at least nothing that will top Law2Doc's observation.

Out of curiosity, does Case send you a letter right after their adcom meeting no matter what the decision? For example, would they send you a letter to inform you that you've been deferred post-interview, or do they only send you a letter if you got in?

Messerschmitts said:
HA HA HA HA HA :D I LOVE IT!!! This is one of the most clever things I've seen on this forum. Kudos, Law2Doc.

But anyways, our condolensces, MGR627. I'm afraid I don't have anything funny to say, at least nothing that will top Law2Doc's observation.

Out of curiosity, does Case send you a letter right after their adcom meeting no matter what the decision? For example, would they send you a letter to inform you that you've been deferred post-interview, or do they only send you a letter if you got in?

thanks.....i'm not too broken up about it...i've been accepted at another school.....my feeling is that most schools send 'rejections' via snail mail...although BU sent me an email to reject me....an email...they didn't even use the 37 cents....but anyway... :laugh:

Did you accidentally reject their rejection the first time around? If so, I guess this is their way of saying "please accept our rejection."

Wow, maybe they are a little unorganized... they might send you another letter saying you are accpeted!

laboholic said:
Wow, maybe they are a little unorganized... they might send you another letter saying you are accpeted!

never know.......

i just called them to inform them of the situation and all they said was 'oops'... :laugh:

Wow I think Case has some issues this year...

I still wasn't complete three months after submitting my application, so I thought they must have lost my letters or something and emailed to inquire about it. The next day, I had an email back from them, but it wasn't a response to my email, it was an invite! Strange...

Risa said:
Wow I think Case has some issues this year...

I still wasn't complete three months after submitting my application, so I thought they must have lost my letters or something and emailed to inquire about it. The next day, I had an email back from them, but it wasn't a response to my email, it was an invite! Strange...

Yeah. I don't think this will make the OP feel better.

TheMightyAngus said:
Yeah. I don't think this will make the OP feel better.

Of course not how I meant it... the OP seems to have hir head in the right place though, and have a good sense of humor about the whole thing.

Sorry, OP, if I offended.

Risa said:
Of course not how I meant it... the OP seems to have hir head in the right place though, and have a good sense of humor about the whole thing.

Sorry, OP, if I offended.

not offended at all.....just a funny experience in this whole medical school process......

btw....i'm a guy :laugh:

MGR627 said:
not offended at all.....just a funny experience in this whole medical school process......

btw....i'm a guy :laugh:

excellent :) it really was a funny story

and correction: "his head" ... but you gotta love the gender neutral pronouns! :D