Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

copacetic

Copacetic Was Here!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just decided to start up the thread guys. theres already a forum linked through the iapply website, but heres another one for all of us SDN addicts. by the way, who is coming to second look weekend 2009? and does anyone know what exactly will go on?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey thanks for starting this thread! I still dont know yet about 2nd look...

im thinking of starting a facebook group. 1 for second look weekend 2009, and one for case med class of 2013, lol. but i think i may be getting a bit ahead of myself

Members don't see this ad :)
ok so i found out that case paid forr room/board + food and drinks last year and all folks had to due was pay for transportation to cleveland! thats a pretty sweet deal! man....i love this school!:D -->:laugh: -->:love:

Relax! The application process is still far from over. Congratulations on your acceptance to Case c/o 2013.. I am very sure I will be joining everyone for Second Look Weekend; do we have to call Christian to confirm this or will more details be sent in the future?

apparently more details will follow.

Welcome to CWRUSOM, you won't regret going!

Mike '08

thanks, lol, i just hope im actually able to start! due to the financial crisis im having a hard time getting money together. im an international so i dont qualify for federal aid :(. i got enough to go for the first year, and im working on a line of credit to cover the rest. just need a cosigner!

thanks, lol, i just hope im actually able to start! due to the financial crisis im having a hard time getting money together. im an international so i dont qualify for federal aid :(. i got enough to go for the first year, and im working on a line of credit to cover the rest. just need a cosigner!

Yay for internationals! One here too!!

i absolutely loved case when i interviewed. not sure where i'll end up next year yet but i will definitely be at the second look weekend. can't wait to meet you guys there!

i keep checking for bus tickets to cleveland for the second look weekend, but the dates still don't go that far ahead :)

i found it funny that there was a postage-paid postcard for denying, but accepting requires finding an envelope and a stamp :D

mailing my YES tomorrow

Hey classmates! ;) So excited to meet everyone! And I agree we should start a facebook group. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooohhhhhh... I thought it would be labeled SDN or something. Well good job, you are famous!;)

where's the info on the second look weekend to keep me entertained :(

Last edited:
In one of the newsletters that Christian's been forwarding to us, he said the information for Second Look will be emailed to us sometime in early February. So just hang tight.

Hey guys, fellow caser checking in. Just wanted to say I'm psyched to meet you all on Second Look, and hopefully in July (woo, only 5 months away)!

155 days to go! lol, i dont have a problem, i dont care what anybody says. im not obsessive :p

I have another question..

What're some of you guys thinking in terms of housing? I know it may be a little early, and during 2nd look we'll definitely get a chance to look at different neighborhoods and all, but still..thoughts?

I've been looking at some of the housing listings, and everything looks so cheap and beautiful, I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or if that's how Cleveland really is..obviously I hope it's the latter :)

By the way, how crazy is it that we're talking about when we'll find out more about 2nd look one day, the next day we get the email from Christian saying we'll find out next week :p

What're some of you guys thinking in terms of housing? I know it may be a little early, and during 2nd look we'll definitely get a chance to look at different neighborhoods and all, but still..thoughts?

I've been looking at some of the housing listings, and everything looks so cheap and beautiful, I'm not sure if it's a gimmick or if that's how Cleveland really is..obviously I hope it's the latter :)

By the way, how crazy is it that we're talking about when we'll find out more about 2nd look one day, the next day we get the email from Christian saying we'll find out next week :p

Ya, most of Cleveland has some really reasonable housing. You can, depending on what you want, can get rent for as low as 350 a month. I would recommend getting something nicer than this, but the cheap housing is definitely a draw for some.

Ya, most of Cleveland has some really reasonable housing. You can, depending on what you want, can get rent for as low as 350 a month. I would recommend getting something nicer than this, but the cheap housing is definitely a draw for some.

350 a month? holy smokes, if its good electricity and heat, hook me up with that, lol.

350 a month? holy smokes, if its good electricity and heat, hook me up with that, lol.

Student host had one of those. Plenty of room, no issues with electricity, but no idea about heat. Even had a pet!

Are you serious??? That def. bumped case a notch up my list...

So, uh, at second look, how are we planning to identify ourselves to each other?:laugh:

not too early to think about housing, but probably too early to do anything about it. it IS cheap here. if you want, we can arrange a little "housing tour" for second look of the neighborhoods and buildings where most med students live. i'm on the committee that will be planning the student-run aspects of second look (though that isn't my primary duty), so if you guys have any real BURNING desires to do anything in particular for 2nd look, post it here and I'll pass it along.

i really need to get back to studying biochem, but SDN is just so addicting... even as a med student.

not too early to think about housing, but probably too early to do anything about it. it IS cheap here. if you want, we can arrange a little "housing tour" for second look of the neighborhoods and buildings where most med students live. i'm on the committee that will be planning the student-run aspects of second look (though that isn't my primary duty), so if you guys have any real BURNING desires to do anything in particular for 2nd look, post it here and I'll pass it along.

i really need to get back to studying biochem, but SDN is just so addicting... even as a med student.

yeah its not like its that hard to choose between sdn and biochem!

hello possible future classmates! just got accepted today! :love:

Are you serious??? That def. bumped case a notch up my list...

But don't get me wrong a 350-400$ apartment may not be the best place to live and you will most likely want to splurge for a 500-700$ a month apartment. But compared to Boston or NYC thats pretty affordable. My brother has had numerous apartments in the area and if you look, you can def get some good buys.

Also, take a look at the forums we have access to through case. They have plenty of info on housing and what isn't and what is crap, ect....

Last edited:
I would love a housing tour on Second look weekend. I think it would be really helpful. :)

On a side note, I went to my last interview this week and I just love Case even more!! Point being - I am ready for the facebook group if you are! Anyone wanna be admins with me? I have actually never created a facebook group but figure it cant be that hard...

P.S. Does Case have student social chairs? I wanna do that

Second look weekend invites are headed your way if they're not there already!

Edit: It's a shame the Rock and Roll hall of fame induction ceremony is already sold out!

Last edited:
re: housing - the places that are $350/mo here are houses that are split amongst multiple people (i.e. 4 bedroom house for $1200) and they don't include heat so you have to add an extra couple of hundred (split amongst the various roomies) for the winter months. It's still a pretty good deal, but just so people know the details. Single apartments can be had for anywhere from $550-700 generally (depending on where you live & what kind of amenities you want, like AC or a dishwasher). Dogs will make things more difficult, but not impossible. In general, there's still way more housing than there are people, and there's options ranging from old apartments to new apartments to houses (and walking distance vs. short driving distance) so you really can't go wrong.

Is anyone having problems accessing IApply? I have not been able to log on for two days. I just keep getting a weird error message.

iapply has been all FUBAR for me too! cant get in.

Its working for me now... people that were having trouble might want to check again.

Anyone RSVP for second look weekend yet? I am very excited! It is really nice that they are paying for everything again. I heard some schools that had in the past were not going to be able to this year because of economic conditons...

Its working for me now... people that were having trouble might want to check again.

Anyone RSVP for second look weekend yet? I am very excited! It is really nice that they are paying for everything again. I heard some schools that had in the past were not going to be able to this year because of economic conditons...

RSVP'd as soon as I got the message yesterday! Hopefully that went through alright with no issues.:laugh:

Confirmations of reservations are starting to come back!:thumbup:

Hey, for anyone who got invited for the merit scholarship, the essay's out!

G'luck