Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Case Western Reserve University

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by I can't think of a name, Dec 11, 2001.

1. I can't think of a name

I can't think of a name Senior Member

Hello,

I was recently accepted to Case Western, and I was just wondering what were current students opinions on their school - both good and bad! Any feedback would be most appreciated! Thanks and Happy Holidays :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. WSUreds

WSUreds Senior Member

Attending Physician
    Hey, I have an interview there soon, could you tell me what to expect.

4. I can't think of a name

Hello! The interview was VERY laid back and lasted about 45 minutes. You interview with a faculty member and the entire interview was more like a conversation.

Good luck!

5. pcl

pcl Senior Member

So far so good.

I'm really happy i decided to go to a P/F school. I'm already stressed, and if I was trying to Honor everything, I would be somewhat insane by now. It also tends to make the classes more collaborative, although there are certainly still gunners.

I think they try to be really receptive to student input about teaching. We have feedback session weekly and they try to adjust if there are specific complaints.

It's expensive. That's a down side. They have a pretty large Dean's scholarship program though. 15 scholarships - 20K for 4 years.

They have quite a few options if you are interested in pursuing another advanced degree such as JD, MS Anatomy, PhD, MBA, etc.

Cleveland is better than I had expected although we don't get to see much of it anymore.

If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them for whatever my opinion is worth. Send a private msg, I don't check this board as frequently as I used to!

PCL - CWRU SOM 2005

6. bugzee75

bugzee75 Junior Member

Hi, I'm a fourth year med studend at CWRU. I think the school is a great place to learn, but it is a bit "touchy feely". Some of the touchy feely stuff is fine the first couple years, but after 2 years of talking about being sensitive and learning the PC way to communicate with patients you'd think they'd know we get the point.

Clinical rotations are pretty good because you can do them at a number of excellent hospitals in the area. As a student you learn which hospitals are good for certain fields, which rotations to avoid, and where to go if you want a less hectic experience.

All in all, I'm glad that I came here and now that it is almost time for me to leave I am even happier. Wherever you go the next four years will be challenging so try to go somewhere that is a good fit for you and your personality.

7. leorl

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I'm not in med school yet, but am an undergrad at CWRU. I work with some of the faculty in the med school in various labs and such, and i'm in the med school quite a bit. Although I haven't attended lectures, I have to say that the teachers are really amenable to students...they are really focused on getting material to you, and will do anything to make sure students comprehend. They're very quick to answer questions, and answer in quite a lot of detail, offering home phone numbers, a beer with them, etc.

Good luck!

8. congrats! awesome school from what I hear. Of all the schools you have gotten into so far; I would pick Case in a heartbeat.

9. I can't think of a name

Hello,

I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies! I really appreciate the input! It is so hard to judge a school after only spending a day there, so I really do enjoy hearing students' persepectives.

Once again, thanks!