Case Western secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gocoastal

P=MD
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the second question is bugging me...it is required, yet begins with, "IF you have had experience with research..."

I haven't done any serious lab research, towards projects for work (in public health) and in class...what have other people written about if not about something they've published?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

gocoastal said:
So the second question is bugging me...it is required, yet begins with, "IF you have had experience with research..."

I haven't done any serious lab research, towards projects for work (in public health) and in class...what have other people written about if not about something they've published?

Thanks!

Okay, here's the deal with Case. They are very big on research. They've even added a research requirement for their MD students that must be completed to graduate, and they're not talking just a term paper but something that is publication quality or close to it.

They want you to be interested in research. If you've done some, even if it isn't too significant, definitely write about it. Tell them what the research was about, what part you had in it, and what you learned about medicine from it and what you learned about the process of conducting research.

Case is a great school. Of the schools I was admitted to, Case was my favorite by far but my family kept me at my state school. Good luck!

gocoastal said:

Thanks!
Hi,

I am a current student at Case in the CCLCM program, and I just want to tell you that Case does not require its applicants to have done lab research. This is true even for CCLCM, which is by far the more research-oriented program of the two. What both programs (UP and College) like is people who are interested in scholarship. That scholarship doesn't have to be in a lab. Clinical research or public health studies or even something like medical humanities or social sciences research would also be great ways to show that you have engaged in scholarship. I looked at your mdapplicants profile, and you seem to have a lot of public health experience. Have you participated in any studies or otherwise been working to help improve public health? If so, that would be a fantastic thing to write about. The M1 students in the UP (that's the main Case program) are taking public health coursework this summer as we speak. Good luck with your application!

-CCLCMer

I think I can come up with something interesting...
thanks!!

CCLCMer said:
Hi,

I am a current student at Case in the CCLCM program, and I just want to tell you that Case does not require its applicants to have done lab research. This is true even for CCLCM, which is by far the more research-oriented program of the two. What both programs (UP and College) like is people who are interested in scholarship. That scholarship doesn't have to be in a lab. Clinical research or public health studies or even something like medical humanities or social sciences research would also be great ways to show that you have engaged in scholarship. I looked at your mdapplicants profile, and you seem to have a lot of public health experience. Have you participated in any studies or otherwise been working to help improve public health? If so, that would be a fantastic thing to write about. The M1 students in the UP (that's the main Case program) are taking public health coursework this summer as we speak. Good luck with your application!

-CCLCMer