Case Western Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kathleeya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get the email from Case yet? Are they screening before sending out emails, or does everyone get verification?
And what do they mean they want all applicants to complete both a paper and online application? Is the link on the email the online PRIMARY application or the actual secondary? I hate deciphering all this crap. :confused:

Completion of a Secondary Application is required if a candidate wants to receive further consideration for admission to our school.... Our 2003 application year will be a transitional year for submitting an application electronically. In light of our admissions changes, we are requesting that all MD applicants complete a paper form of our application as well as our online application.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, they screen... only about 50% get it.

Just got the email and I'm wating for them to send me my password. From the e-mail I gather they want us to fill out both as insurance in case the online version gets messed up since they mention that they are in a transitional year to the electronic application. Its forethought like this that AMCAS lacked last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
so... this isn't the actual secondary, but precautions for an AMCAS breakdown? last time i applied was for 2001 cycle, so i missed the fiasco last year.

I just called them up

There is no password required. All you need is name, AMCAS ID and SSN. That gets you in. For s ome reason when you click on the link, it shows you need to enter a password..but that screen changes to the other three fields....AMCAS ID, name and SSN.

The paper apps will be mailed out eventually. They want us to submit the online one first. When we get the paper apps via snail mail, we have two weeks to fill em out.

The apps are NOT screened at this point.

so wait, do they screen or dont they screen to get a secondary??

the secretary told me that it doesn't look like they are screened this year since a lot of people that haven't even been verified got the same email.
Tweetie

she also said that they did NOT screen last year.

that sux. i was starting to feel special. :rolleyes:

Well... their website says that they screen, but I guess if Tweetie got one, they must not... j/k :D

I guess their website is outdated.

:( sorry guys,
but look at it this way. . . . .I am willing to bet that your stats are higher than mine, and you will get an invitation for interview WAY before I get one (if I do).