Feb 12, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
University of Missouri - Kansas City
Case Western
Denver Health Medical Center
University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
Carle Foundation Hospital

Any information about these OMFS programs?

Energon

Nobody Summons Megatron
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
Also a follow up question. I know that Case is a 5yr program which requires the residents to pass the USMLE Step 1 prior to starting the program..... when do the residents take Step 1?

MAXFAC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2003
Visit site
Status
AMMD said:
Also a follow up question. I know that Case is a 5yr program which requires the residents to pass the USMLE Step 1 prior to starting the program..... when do the residents take Step 1?
june 30 the latest.

jiggapigga

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Carle is a good program.. lots of diversity in this program with respect to broad scope and hands on experience . However, Urbanna /Champagne, is in the middle of nowhere.

Battlesign said:
University of Missouri - Kansas City
Case Western
Denver Health Medical Center
University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
Carle Foundation Hospital

Any information about these OMFS programs?

Energon

Nobody Summons Megatron
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
Status
MAXFAC said:
june 30 the latest.
So people take the USMLE right after graduating dental school? Also are you eligiblie to take the USMLE if you are not accepted into an OMFS program?

OMFSdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2005
Status
AMMD said:
So people take the USMLE right after graduating dental school? Also are you eligiblie to take the USMLE if you are not accepted into an OMFS program?

I do not believe so. I think that a medical school must sponsor you to take it. After you match at Case, their med school probably sponsors you right away wo that you can take it shortly after graduating dental school.

toofache32

15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
AMMD said:
When I interviewed at Case, they explained it this way. After the match, they do some quick paperwork to get you "enrolled" in their med school. Then you can take the USMLE at your local Prometric computer place as a Case med student.

MAXFAC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2003
Visit site
Status
OMFSdoc said:
I do not believe so. I think that a medical school must sponsor you to take it. After you match at Case, their med school probably sponsors you right away wo that you can take it shortly after graduating dental school.

A matched applicant is enrolled in the med school starting July 1st of the internship year.
NBME requires OMFS residents in OMFS/MD programs to take USMLE Step I no earlier than three months before your enrollment date at the med school, so the med school will certify that you will be enrolled on July 1st, you can take the exam any time starting April 1st after the match.