Case Western vs Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist_dude

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think are the pros/cons of both of those schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed and was accepted to Case, and I honestly can't think of many cons aside from price. As far as non-Ivy private schools go, Case is definitely up there. It is a very well-rounded program that provides you with a great clinical training, extensive research opportunities (also have the top tier med school/CC) and outreach programs (both locally and abroad). You would also get that brand new 500 million dollar health sciences building and clinic by D3 (we'd be the ones christening the clinic). The sim lab is your standard sim lab you'll see in most dental schools. Some may dislike Cleveland for whatever reason, but I loved the city and I absolutely loved the location of the campus and how a lot of things are within walking distance. There is also a lot of hype in the city regarding the sports teams there, which is exciting. The rent is also relatively low for a large metropolitan area. I drove around Little Italy, where supposedly a lot of dental students live, and I was surprised by how nice it was. It was very suburb-y feeling, just walking distance from where the school is, which has a very urban feel. Like I said, no real cons to me besides the price.

But none of that really matters... How did YOU feel when you were there?

Reactions: 2 users
If you are OOS Indiana the cost is a big con. I did not interview at case, but I am choosing my state school over Indiana based on tuition. from the comment above it seems like case has a great program, but the choice is yours!

What do YOU think are the pros/cons of both of these schools? ;)

Best of luck!!