Case vs. NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imachickennughet

Reaction score
Cost is essentially the same after scholarships and living expenses are covered for me so please don't tell me to just go the cheaper school!

Pros:
  • small class size
  • new facilities
  • good curriculum
  • lots of clinical training (at least pre-pandemic)
  • really enjoyed interview and staff seemed like they cared about students
Cons:
  • current D1s are fully online, no current plan for incoming D1s
  • I'm a minority and the midwest freaks me out, though I've never been to Cleveland
School 2: NYU

Pros:
  • all the specialties available
  • good clinical experience
  • living in NYC would be cool
  • name recognition
  • in person labs for current D1s amidst pandemic
Cons:
  • apparently the curriculum is changing based on another thread I saw and students aren't happy?
  • the huuuggeee class size
  • weird rumors about admon kicking students out?
Summary: I think I'm leaning Case, but I haven't visited the city yet. I would love to know more about the curriculum and training for each school though, my end goal is to be the best clinician I can and I'd like to go to the school that will give me the best skills and learning experience. If anyone attends either of these schools or has any insight, I would love some guidance!

Members don't see this ad.

Cost is essentially the same after scholarships and living expenses are covered for me so please don't tell me to just go the cheaper school!

Pros:
  • small class size
  • new facilities
  • good curriculum
  • lots of clinical training (at least pre-pandemic)
  • really enjoyed interview and staff seemed like they cared about students
Cons:
  • current D1s are fully online, no current plan for incoming D1s
  • I'm a minority and the midwest freaks me out, though I've never been to Cleveland
School 2: NYU

Pros:
  • all the specialties available
  • good clinical experience
  • living in NYC would be cool
  • name recognition
  • in person labs for current D1s amidst pandemic
Cons:
  • apparently the curriculum is changing based on another thread I saw and students aren't happy?
  • the huuuggeee class size
  • weird rumors about admon kicking students out?
Summary: I think I'm leaning Case, but I haven't visited the city yet. I would love to know more about the curriculum and training for each school though, my end goal is to be the best clinician I can and I'd like to go to the school that will give me the best skills and learning experience. If anyone attends either of these schools or has any insight, I would love some guidance!
not cheapest
do not go to nyu, go to case!