This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laceyx

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What do you mean when you say the match list is not impressive? It is hard to read those as it comes down to individual preference and usually you need to already be in that speciality to know how strong of a residency program it is.

Regardless, Rochester had 8 ortho matches, so they aren’t struggling when it comes to competitive specialities. I’d choose them over Case. Still consider SUNY Upstate too.

Based on your criteria, I’d say Rochester. Much higher tier than SUNY, and also ranked higher than Cincinnati. Excellent reputation. Definitely good enough to match in any field. Sounds perfect for you and your fiancé. (Cleveland is a great town if you like urban hip and Case Western is of course a great school so its obviously your other choice)
The new building/vs. old building thing will make no difference to you after about the first 2 days of med school.

Last edited:
Case by far imo, only problem is ur girl might struggle but otherwise, most prestigious + true P/F cant be beat

I interviewed yesterday with an M3 at Rochester who is currently doing a dedicated research year before M4. She told me Rochester is highly supportive of medical students doing research and will help you fund a dedicated research year + there's flexibility as to when you do that research year.