Case Western Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corndog67

Second Job=Garden Gnome
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got put on the waitlist at Case Western, and I was wondering if anyone knows how fast the list moves there. It really is my first choice, and I haven't had any other interviews, so what kind of timeline am I looking at? Also, they recommend that you send in updates to your file, but since I am out of school, and the lab I'm working in isn't publishing right now, what should I put forth. I am teaching an anatomy lab in the winter, but I believe I told them I was probably going to do that.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got put on the waitlist at Case Western, and I was wondering if anyone knows how fast the list moves there. It really is my first choice, and I haven't had any other interviews, so what kind of timeline am I looking at? Also, they recommend that you send in updates to your file, but since I am out of school, and the lab I'm working in isn't publishing right now, what should I put forth. I am teaching an anatomy lab in the winter, but I believe I told them I was probably going to do that.

"waitlist" or "hold"?

post interview hold. I thought that meant the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what is the difference between post-interview hold and waitlist?

Case is too expensive any ways

The expense really doesn't bother me, but anyone have an answer to the topic?

Those who were put into the hold category will be reviewed again later in the cycle, I believe February sometime and then we will know our fate...acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. So a hold is actually good!!!! Best of luck!

Thanks for the info.

IIRC from last year, tthorst is correct--holds get reviewed later in the cycle (it's not an official waitlist yet). It's my impression that there's a reasonable amount of waitlist movement, too, so all hope is not lost even if your hold later turns into a waitlist.

I don't have any insider info on this, but I'd go ahead and send an update letter anyway, corndog--it couldn't hurt, right? There's always something substantive you could say--you could write briefly about the progress your lab is making on your research project (and reiterate your role in the lab and why that's important), remind them of the anatomy lab and say something about your teaching philosophy, etc. Good luck! :luck: