Case workup

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tashka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an offer of an interview, and patient case is going to be a part of it. Could somebody share what are typical disease states for such cases? What should I review before the interview day? Also how much time is given to work on the case? They informed me that references will be provided.

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody responded to my question, so I will just post my experience. All interviews where I had cases are now over.

Cases that I had were VERY basic. General medicine kind, very common disorders. Things that every person about to graduate from pharmacy school should know. I had no problem with them whatsoever.

Maybe this will help somebody.

My experience has been very similar. Basic cases, that any student would run into on an inpatient rotation. The goal is to see your thinking process and how you present as well.

My wife had an interview and a case was part of it. 30 min with 6 disease states. She said she couldn't get through all of it because there were so many things to fix. Other than that, she nailed the interview. I don't know how much this affects the decision for ranking.