1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Casewestern vs. Ohio State University (OSU) vs. University of Maryland (UMD)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by paperclip, Dec 18, 2008.

1. paperclip

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Hello everyone! I recently was accepted into Ohio State and U of Maryland. I really liked both! I also have a Casewestern interview scheduled for January and am wondering if I should still go to it. Any advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RoadRunner17

RoadRunner17 Fleet of feet
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Absolutely, as long as you're going with an open mind.

4. steppwolf

steppwolf Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Case is the place! Take that interview opportunity.

5. mmmcdowe

mmmcdowe Duke of minimal vowels
    Moderator Physician Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Your profile says that OSU is your top choice. I think you should go check out case, which is at least equal in quality to OSU, but with a smaller class size. If you were interested in academic medicine, I would definitely side with Case. Both good schools though.

6. CuyahogaMD2B

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I attended Case as an undergrad and have been accepted to medical school there and at Ohio State. Personally, I like Ohio State because of the resources, the multitude of options and that Columbus is a nicer city to live in than Cleveland. Ohio State is much cheaper for me to attend than Case too. If cost is not problem, then Case may be for you.

Case has a research requirement which may not be for you. It has a well-designed curriculum and is located in University Circle in Cleveland. Parking is pitiful and expensive. There has been loads of construction around the city in this area but things are starting to quiet down.

I don't know much about the University of Maryland but out of those three, I would choose Ohio State over Case. Maryland is located in Baltimore and should be a nice urban choice too.

7. UofM527

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    As some others have said, unless you really know you don't want to attend a school or have some financial circumstances, go to any interview you may be interested in....Case is a fantastic school and has a unique program/focus which you may find you like...besides that, I go to OSU so if you need any more convincing about how great it is/have any questions i'd be happy to help!!