Casewestern vs. Ohio State University (OSU) vs. University of Maryland (UMD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paperclip

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently was accepted into Ohio State and U of Maryland. I really liked both! I also have a Casewestern interview scheduled for January and am wondering if I should still go to it. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Case is the place! Take that interview opportunity.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your profile says that OSU is your top choice. I think you should go check out case, which is at least equal in quality to OSU, but with a smaller class size. If you were interested in academic medicine, I would definitely side with Case. Both good schools though.

Hello everyone! I recently was accepted into Ohio State and U of Maryland. I really liked both! I also have a Casewestern interview scheduled for January and am wondering if I should still go to it. Any advice?

I attended Case as an undergrad and have been accepted to medical school there and at Ohio State. Personally, I like Ohio State because of the resources, the multitude of options and that Columbus is a nicer city to live in than Cleveland. Ohio State is much cheaper for me to attend than Case too. If cost is not problem, then Case may be for you.

Case has a research requirement which may not be for you. It has a well-designed curriculum and is located in University Circle in Cleveland. Parking is pitiful and expensive. There has been loads of construction around the city in this area but things are starting to quiet down.

I don't know much about the University of Maryland but out of those three, I would choose Ohio State over Case. Maryland is located in Baltimore and should be a nice urban choice too.

As some others have said, unless you really know you don't want to attend a school or have some financial circumstances, go to any interview you may be interested in....Case is a fantastic school and has a unique program/focus which you may find you like...besides that, I go to OSU so if you need any more convincing about how great it is/have any questions i'd be happy to help!!