CASPer scoring question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veepfan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thank you in advance for your help! I recently took my CASPer, and I read that there are twelve separate people who grade your questions. I also read that CASPer throws out your worst and best score in putting the total together - does anyone know if this is true?

Thank you again!

Members don't see this ad.

How is the test evaluated?
Each section of the test is scored by a unique rater, making the CASPer score a robust measure made up of many independent impressions of you.
Raters are assigned to a particular scenario from a CASPer test and provided with relevant instructions and background knowledge about the topic at hand. Once prepared, raters are served responses from one scenario and multiple different applicants to rate. It’s important to note that no rater will ever score an applicant more than once.
As such, an applicant’s final score is always comprised of 12 unique rater impressions. This allows us to dilute any bias that one rater’s subjectivity may bring to the table. Your responses are also completely anonymized, meaning they only receive your typed reply and are not provided with any personal information (i.e. your name, age, photo, etc).
Raters are trained to disregard spelling mistakes when evaluating responses.
Each rater completes a training session and accreditation before they are permitted to score CASPer responses. Your responses are anonymized, so a rater does not know who you are, or how well you’ve done on any other section of the test.

Reactions: 1 users
SDN is a great resource, but if you can find the actual school/test website, I would trust that more. The blurb about dismissing the worst and best score is not true.