Would you "enjoy" being Castro's surgeon?

  • Yes

    Votes: 23 37.7%
  • No

    Votes: 38 62.3%

  • Total voters
    61

sga814

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2004
448
1
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
I would NOT want to be the surgeon performing Castro's operation, would you?
 

VPDcurt

2K Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2004
2,644
23
Status
Attending Physician
He's just another patient with intestinal issues. If you are confident in what you are doing, there is no true added pressure. Now it seems intimidating because I lack the training, but if that was what I did every single day, I would have no problem with it.
 

Dr.Mario

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
30
0
Status
Except if there are complications and he dies...you die too.
 
About the Ads

VPDcurt

2K Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2004
2,644
23
Status
Attending Physician
Dr.Mario said:
Except if there are complications and he dies...you die too.
Same thing in the US if you are operating on John Doe...but it's more of a "financial and career-ending death."
 

Dr.Mario

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
30
0
Status
VPDcurt said:
Same thing in the US if you are operating on John Doe...but it's more of a "financial and career-ending death."
Hahahahh I think there's a big difference!
 

Zweihander

Billygoat Gruff
Gold Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2003
19,920
21,309
maximum effort
VPDcurt said:
Same thing in the US if you are operating on John Doe...but it's more of a "financial and career-ending death."
No one case is at all likely to end your career. Even physicians who commit repeated acts of gross incompetence are able to continue practicing medicine, though they may have to pick up and move their practices elsewhere.
 

VPDcurt

2K Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2004
2,644
23
Status
Attending Physician
Zweihander said:
No one case is at all likely to end your career. Even physicians who commit repeated acts of gross incompetence are able to continue practicing medicine, though they may have to pick up and move their practices elsewhere.
It was a minor case of hyperbole (oxymoron), but thanks for your input.
 

top

10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2006
202
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It would be a ton of stress...could you imagine operating on Lenin, or Mao, or Hitler, or one of those african dictators??? Their subordinates would hang your entire town if you effed up. But, think of the rewards...if you were Castro's personal surgeon/physician, and you did an awesome job and he liked you, you'd be set for life. That would be pretty sweet.
 
OP
S

sga814

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2004
448
1
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
In the latter 1940's, early 50's, Stalin "thought" his doctors were trying to poison him, so he had them all shot. Think about that one for a while.
 

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
4,372
5
40
A stone's throw from Central Park
Status
Medical Student
Being Dick Cheney's CT surgeon has to be MUCH worse
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,826
57
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
Lol yea, i doubt in cuba they ever heard of "LLC" before, or "malpractice insurance"

Your insurance is your life and your family. But imagine the power you wield over such people.
 

jocg27

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
470
7
Status
Medical Student
sga814 said:
In the latter 1940's, early 50's, Stalin "thought" his doctors were trying to poison him, so he had them all shot. Think about that one for a while.
Of course, 40 years earlier medicine man/lunatic Rasputin treated the Tsar's son for hemophilia...The Tsarina was so captivated by his holy power he began to gain influence over the monarchy...It's been said he contributed to the downfall of the Romanovs.

So you could be shot, or wind up pulling all the strings.
 

jocg27

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
470
7
Status
Medical Student
jocg27 said:
Of course, 40 years earlier medicine man/lunatic Rasputin treated the Tsar's son for hemophilia...The Tsarina was so captivated by his holy power he began to gain influence over the monarchy...It's been said he contributed to the downfall of the Romanovs.

So you could be shot, or wind up pulling all the strings.

Of course, he ended up shot too.

And drowned and poisoned.
 

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
11,826
57
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
this thread reminds me of analyze this, mod boss going to see a doctor lol
 
About the Ads