CBC help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrAgreeable

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I may be making this scenario completely up. Did we have a chance to complete a criminal backround check immediately (or a short time after) submitting our AAMC application with Certifi Screening. I want to say I did and paid so I could see the results. I know I paid for something that had to do with me viewing the results (I was curious).

If that is the case, I believe via information on the AMCAS website that they the screening company will not notify me and directly send my report to a school I may have been accepted at.

Does anyone remember completing the CBC right after filing the primary app. or am I '0-3' and should go jump off the nearest bridge in utter dismay?

or, possibly worded more like a human:

Has anyone been accepted to a CBC school, realized they didn't do the CBC immediately before they recieved their acceptance letter and then thought "Oh, yeah, that was that silly thing I filled out after I submitted my AMCAS" or should I go frolick in front of the nearest Amish buggy and make the Shakespearian tradgedy that is the early part of my attempt at medical school slow and painful?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

OK, I'm a teensy bit confused by your question but I'll give it a stab. Maybe even a helpful stab.

You had a chance to do a PERSONAL CBC (if you were curious) when you submitted your AMCAS app. This is entirely unnecessary, though, and as far as I know, schools don't see it.

NOW, post-acceptance, the school or schools in question want to run their own CBC check. You don't have pay for this one. Just fill out the tiny little bit of info that they want and click "submit". It's just that easy. Pain-free. No cost. No jumping off bridges. :)

I may be making this scenario completely up. Did we have a chance to complete a criminal backround check immediately (or a short time after) submitting our AAMC application with Certifi Screening. I want to say I did and paid so I could see the results. I know I paid for something that had to do with me viewing the results (I was curious).

If that is the case, I believe via information on the AMCAS website that they the screening company will not notify me and directly send my report to a school I may have been accepted at.

Does anyone remember completing the CBC right after filing the primary app. or am I '0-3' and should go jump off the nearest bridge in utter dismay?

or, possibly worded more like a human:

Has anyone been accepted to a CBC school, realized they didn't do the CBC immediately before they recieved their acceptance letter and then thought "Oh, yeah, that was that silly thing I filled out after I submitted my AMCAS" or should I go frolick in front of the nearest Amish buggy and make the Shakespearian tradgedy that is the early part of my attempt at medical school slow and painful?:confused:

AMCAS sent you an email after you applied to one or more schools participating in the CBC through certiphi. In that email, it says that if you pay to see your CBC then, they will still run another one when the first school asks them to; they will then use that CBC for all subsequent schools that accept you or put you on an "alternate list."

I think you're wondering if AMCAS would not send an email now to get your consent if you already filled out everything on Certiphi to have a CBC run. If that's the question, I'd imagine a lot of people are wondering the same thing and hopefully someone knows.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not the CBC I was expecting. . .

Thanks guys for the honesty. I've given up on this whole thing. Good luck to you all! Chase the dream, babies!