CBSE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Anon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any detriment to taking the CBSE in February if I am a little underprepared? I would like to see where I stand, and then retake in August (or be good with my score if I get what I want).

How is that perceived, if the first score in February was 50ish, and then over 70 in August. Is it good to take it now so I have 2 chances, or wait until August and study like crazy for the next 7 months?

-Dr. Anon.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any detriment to taking the CBSE in February if I am a little underprepared? I would like to see where I stand, and then retake in August (or be good with my score if I get what I want).

How is that perceived, if the first score in February was 50ish, and then over 70 in August. Is it good to take it now so I have 2 chances, or wait until August and study like crazy for the next 7 months?

-Dr. Anon.

They ONLY see the score you submit, the score is self-reported. No penalties for sitting for the exam multiple times (unless asked at the interview).

Reactions: 1 user

-Dr. Anon.
You only submit highest score. Only negative is the stress, $500 exam fee, and a full day.

Members don't see this ad :)
How un prepared are you? And what year are you in school? If you haven’t started studying yet, I’d say it’s not worth it. You can take practice tests to see what the exam is like without shelling out $500.

How un prepared are you? And what year are you in school? If you haven’t started studying yet, I’d say it’s not worth it. You can take practice tests to see what the exam is like without shelling out $500.
Just took it today. Thanks for the responses. I am a dentist at an FQHC.

Reactions: 1 users
They ONLY see the score you submit, the score is self-reported. No penalties for sitting for the exam multiple times (unless asked at the interview).
There is a number of times you take it limit though

Who would ever want to take that exam 6 times lol. 2-3 chances is more than enough to get sick of it

Who would ever want to take that exam 6 times lol. 2-3 chances is more than enough to get sick of it
Agreed. However I am glad that I took the time to do a "dry run" and see how much I remember from dental school lectures and minimal review. Now I know what I must do to get the score I want. But you are absolutely right about 2-3 being plenty. Twice will *hopefully* be plenty for me.

Reactions: 1 users