CBT 3R...how easy is it compared to other CBT tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sangria1986

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didnt include it in the 3R thread cuz I wanted to compare this to other practice exams.

I took the MCAT once in 2005 and let it expire, and I got a 10 verbal first time around...that was paper based Now im retaking it again and doing CBT obviously. I dunno if I took the 3R back then but if I did I doubt I remembered things that well. It possible that subconsciously I know more of the answers.

anyway I recently took CBT 3R and scored a 10 on physical and a 12 (35/40) on verbal. Thing is I did verbal in 30 minutes and I know I could have done better. But i was rushing cuz I was so used to the old exam where it was much longer and on the actual MCAT exam I didnt finish. This time around it seems much easier. anyone else feel that way? Also, is 3 CBT easier than other practice tests/real mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion CBT 3 is much much easier than the later CBT's and the real MCAT. The later CBT's (8,9,10) felt more like the real MCAT but where still easier.

how you do 7 passages in 30 minutes is beyond me. But 3 CBT verbal wasn't that easy, the passage length were shorter, but it was one of the lower verbal scores for me.

how you do 7 passages in 30 minutes is beyond me. But 3 CBT verbal wasn't that easy, the passage length were shorter, but it was one of the lower verbal scores for me.

lol dude....i know. i rushed myself, because i rmmbrd in 2005 when i took it i didnt finish...i had to guess the last passage cuz of no time. so thats y I rushed....also, I wasnt used to the shortened format since the paper version was longer. So anyway, I realized too late, like by the time i got to the second to last passage(also i cant turn the pages and i wasnt sure how much was left even though i could clearly see that i had like 30 of 40 quesitions or something like that answered already...like how many passages? etc...) anyway, I did well considering i missed only 5 and I knew I could have avoided 3 of those (really dumb mistakes) if I were more careful.

in any case, since its one of the easier ones ill just assume thats y I finished so quickly