1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

CBT practice v. book practice

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by dwc929, May 9, 2008.

1. dwc929

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Most of the advice I am getting for reviewing for the MCAT has been through books. Other than AAMC CBTs, are there any recommendations on good computer practice sets or are books still the way to go? Thanks in advance

2. vmp200

vmp200 Member
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I really wouldn't worry about CBTs if you are in the initial or middle stages of your preparations. In these stages its just important to understand the passages and questions than worrying about the ticking clock.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Save the vast majority of your practice tests for the last month and maybe do one at the half way point. In the meantime, focus on doing practice passages. If you have the money, go for Kaplan's online course strictly for the practice problems (tons and tons of practice problems). They also give you full access to the AAMC and Kaplan FLs. Two practice books you should definitely pick up are EK's 101 verbal and 1001 Bio books.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dwc929

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just bio or physical as well? Are they equally as helpful? My only concern is that I heard they are not written in passage format...

5. tncekm

tncekm MS-1
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Bio is passage based in EK. Just don't let some of the questions get to you b/c there are questions that are outside of the scope of the MCAT for sure, IMHO.